Pre-Mechanical Boss item hunting suggestions

Casm

Terrarian
A quick summary, I'm playing co-op with my brother and we're going at a leisurely pace and doing all the things we want to do before moving on to the next stage of the game. Well, he took a short hiatus from the game right as we were about to kill the mechanical bosses and so I'm playing solo until he gets back. However, I don't want my character to jump ahead of his in terms of overall power, so I'm just doing all the things I can think of that doesn't require killing any more bosses. But let me tell you, I'm running out of ideas.

What I've been doing in the meantime is item hunting, but I didn't expect him to be absent for as long as he has been. So far I've gotten every single mount available pre-mechanical boss, farmed up a frozen turtle shell (which took forever. In fact, I got a Rod of Discord to drop in the process of hunting it, which was nice!). Completed my Cell Phone and Ankh Shield, etc. I'm currently working on getting every item from the pirate invasion, just missing the Coin Gun (which I actually had drop early on but as back luck would have it, my computer crashed literally 30 seconds after it dropped and it's gone, so working on getting another) and I'm still waiting on getting a tackle box from fishing quests, though I'm pretty sure I've gotten literally everything else.

I've killed the Ice Golem a ton and got the frozen set, killed the Sand Elemental just enough times to get my Forbidden Set and Spirit Flame lamp. I've even successfully hunted down every single Biome Key, which I didn't even know could drop Pre-Plantera until I got my first one. In fact, aside from the Coin Gun and the Tackle Box, I can't think of anything Pre-Mechanical Boss that I need to hunt down. Here's a quick checklist, though this list won't be comprehensive.

• All the mounts
  • Frozen Set
  • Forbidden Set + Spirit Flame Lamp
  • Biome Keys
  • Uzi
  • Frozen Turtle Shell
  • Rod of Discord
  • Moon Charm
  • Ankh Shield
  • Cell Phone
  • Turtle Shells (for later)
  • Pretty much every Mimic Item
I suspect I'll be getting my Coin Gun today and there's no telling when I'll get a Tackle Box. So, I need suggestions. Are there any rare(ish) items that can be obtained Pre-Mechanical Boss that I'm not thinking of? Or maybe crafted items I should consider? And I'll state now that I don't really care about vanity items, so I don't really bother hunting those down. I'm basically looking for 'the best' or 'most useful' item drops. (IE: No point in me hunting down a Marrow because I already have a better bow). Because once I'm done item hunting, I'll probably just start focusing on fleshing out my base.

Of course, any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom