Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
A few weeks ago I deleted my journey mode world and it automaticly started making backups in my trash can, on my computer.

Welcome to the forums Bagietto!

As of 1.4, Terraria keeps a number of backups in its save data folder. Older backups are moved to the Recycle Bin rather than being deleted permanently.

guys. Rolling backups. It's really simple.
like keep 10 backups and only overwrite the oldest(let the user determine how many to keep). 30+ gigs of stuff in my recycle bin is not a good way to run your program. If you want a 'long backup versioning' system, just change them out at a binary rate- #1+2 changes every other backup, 3 changes every 4 backups, 4 every 8 and so on...

these types of things should have easily viewable and changeable options IN GAME. this much new writing on my RAID0 SSD array isn't the most healthy thing and I'd love to set the backup rate to substantially less and substantially fewer kept items.
I didn't see the backups info in the changelogs (doesn't mean it wasn't there, just didn't notice it or comprehend what it really meant). Didn't even notice untill my RAMDISK ran out of space during a play session.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom