Programmable Speakers is a mod which adds some new tiles to Terraria which allow the user to create music.
All-In-One Speaker Block
The new Programmable Speaker block allows you to create music by chaining many of them in a row. Once the specified delay of one block is over, a directional signal is emitted in the direction it is facing, activating the next speaker in the sequence.
A Programmable Speaker can be changed to any note and can have a delay until the next in the chain is activated, all modified by right-clicking the block.
Two-Way Conversion with Wires
A song can start by providing an activation signal to the first in the chain, and a Directional Adapter can emit another activation signal once the song is over.
- Programmable Speakers play a note, wait for a programmed delay (which includes the time it takes to play the note), and then emit a signal that activates the block directly adjacent to it in the direction it is facing.
- Programmable Speakers have four instruments: Harp, Bell, Flute, and Square.
- The notes of a Programmable Speaker roughly follow the same format as Minecraft, with 0 being F#3 and 24 being F#5.
- You can rotate the direction a Programmable Speaker is facing by hammering it, and you can program a Programmable Speaker by right-clicking it.
- You can buy a Programmable Speaker from the Wizard for 25 silver.
- Signal Repeaters simply acts like a Programmable Speaker, but cannot play a note.
- You can rotate the direction a Signal Repeater is facing by hammering it, and you can program a Signal Repeater by right-clicking it.
- You can buy a Programmable Speaker from the Mechanic for 22 silver and 50 copper.
- Programmable Speakers and Signal Repeaters can be activated by a wire as well as a directional signal.
- Directional Adapters take a directional signal and emit an activation signal to any wire that is placed on top of the Adapter.
- You can buy a Directional Adapter from the Mechanic for 30 silver.
- You can craft Wired equivalents of Programmable Speakers and Signal Repeaters with 1 wire and the item in question at an anvil. Wired tiles simply emit another activation signal on top of the tile instead of a directional signal.
Programmable Speakers is available on the Mod Browser for tModLoader v0.11. However, you may also download the .tmod file manually from GitHub.