PS4 PS4 1.3. World Glitch/Bug

Who thinks Pipeworks should have took their time to fix Terraria 100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terraria 1.3. is not as good as it should’ve been. I just lost two worlds; an expert mode world that was on the celestial pillars event, and a legacy world that my friend and I spent MONTHS on. I wish to receive these worlds back, and I already reported this to the page, and I tried to delete all system files for Terraria whilst copies were on my USB flash drive and then download them back, but I still have the two copies of my friend’s world. If you’d like, I can send you my corrupted “BD” worlds that overwrote my saved worlds. Please fix this as I have hundreds of hours on each. Thanks, and goodbye.

GalaxyGamerGG007

Terraria 1.3. is not as good as it should’ve been. I just lost two worlds; an expert mode world that was on the celestial pillars event, and a legacy world that my friend and I spent MONTHS on. I wish to receive these worlds back, and I already reported this to the page, and I tried to delete all system files for Terraria whilst copies were on my USB flash drive and then download them back, but I still have the two copies of my friend’s world. If you’d like, I can send you my corrupted “BD” worlds that overwrote my saved worlds. Please fix this as I have hundreds of hours on each. Thanks, and goodbye.

GalaxyGamerGG007
Sorry to hear that @GalaxyGamerGG007. It sounds like you may have encountered the world overwrite bug from online multiplayer? That's a guess based off of what you said. That's great that you've already sent in a bug report using the form (it's here for anyone else that reads this thread: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html) - hopefully you were able to give them as much information as possible and explain in great detail exactly what happened. The more details the developers get, the faster they'll be able to pinpoint where the bugs are coming from.

I recommend making a backup of your characters and worlds before playing online multiplayer. It's just a good technological practice anyway, backing up important computer files, backing up important photos, etc. Just backup the characters and worlds that you care about. :)

That is exactly what happened. I honestly am quite stressed because my friend is going to want to play, but then get mad because we have to make a new world
[doublepost=1513776565,1513776481][/doublepost]I still have the “wwweeee” and the “fwends” files, is there anything I can do to get them on Terraria? I tried uploading them and downloading them but it doesn’t seem to work
[doublepost=1513776621][/doublepost]
Sorry to hear that @GalaxyGamerGG007. It sounds like you may have encountered the world overwrite bug from online multiplayer? That's a guess based off of what you said. That's great that you've already sent in a bug report using the form (it's here for anyone else that reads this thread: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html) - hopefully you were able to give them as much information as possible and explain in great detail exactly what happened. The more details the developers get, the faster they'll be able to pinpoint where the bugs are coming from.

I recommend making a backup of your characters and worlds before playing online multiplayer. It's just a good technological practice anyway, backing up important computer files, backing up important photos, etc. Just backup the characters and worlds that you care about. :)
That is exactly what happened. I honestly am quite stressed because my friend is going to want to play, but then get mad because we have to make a new world
[doublepost=1513776565,1513776481][/doublepost]I still have the “wwweeee” and the “fwends” files, is there anything I can do to get them on Terraria? I tried uploading them and downloading them but it doesn’t seem to work

[doublepost=1513776621][/doublepost]
Sorry, I'm not understanding. Are the “wwweeee” and the “fwends” files your worlds? Or your friend's worlds? Where are you seeing these?

The “wwweeee” and “fwends” files ARE indeed mine. The world that has overwritten those two worlds were my friend’s world, “BD” and both “wwweeee” and “fwends” were overwritten by two corrupted copies
of “BD.” I sincerely apologize for the confusion
[doublepost=1513894423,1513894182][/doublepost]
Sorry, I'm not understanding. Are the “wwweeee” and the “fwends” files your worlds? Or your friend's worlds? Where are you seeing these?
The “wwweeee” and “fwends” files ARE indeed mine. The world that has overwritten those two worlds were my friend’s world, “BD” and both “wwweeee” and “fwends” were overwritten by two corrupted copies
Also, I am seeing the world that overwrote MY worlds where I choose my worlds. I see my OLD world files in my system saved data

Thanks!

The same thing has happened to my worlds and my character was set back to when I first started the game and me and my friend are also very disappointed.

[doublepost=1513894423,1513894182][/doublepost]

Also, I am seeing the world that overwrote MY worlds where I choose my worlds. I see my OLD world files in my system saved data

Thanks!
You can try backing up everything to a usb drive, then moving the system saved data over. Not sure about it though.

So recently I had lost my largest world that I've spent 2 full years on. Fortunately I found a simple and non-risky way to get an overwritten world back for Ps4. However the process only works if you have access to the "online system storage"

1.Open the system settings and open "Save data and application management"

2.Click "Check online system storage"

3.Open the Terraria file

4.Simply find the name of the world or character you lost and re-upload it to the game (For example, if the world name is "my first world", the world file should be something along the lines of "my first world.map. The same goes for characters, so a character named Paul, would be "Paul.plr"

I have only run a couple of tests on this, so I cannot claim that this works 100% of the time, though logically, it should work. Once you do this, I recommend getting a USB flash drive to save your files.

You can try backing up everything to a usb drive, then moving the system saved data over. Not sure about it though.
I have tried this already
[doublepost=1513912324,1513912009][/doublepost]
So recently I had lost my largest world that I've spent 2 full years on. Fortunately I found a simple and non-risky way to get an overwritten world back for Ps4. However the process only works if you have access to the "online system storage"

3.Open the Terraria file

4.Simply find the name of the world or character you lost and re-upload it to the game (For example, if the world name is "my first world", the world file should be something along the lines of "my first world.map. The same goes for characters, so a character named Paul, would be "Paul.plr"

I have only run a couple of tests on this, so I cannot claim that this works 100% of the time, though logically, it should work. Once you do this, I recommend getting a USB flash drive to save your files.
It doesn’t work on mine

So, it turns out that the files saved on my ps4 still have the NAME of my worlds, but they are actually still the corrupted copies that overwrote them.

So, it turns out that the files saved on my ps4 still have the NAME of my worlds, but they are actually still the corrupted copies that overwrote them.

So in my test runs I found that if you still have the overwritten world, you can re-overwrite it with the old world by adding in the world file again, if it uploads correctly your world should re-overwrite. Note that you may be missing a few things depending on the date of the file you use, so use the most recent one.

Same thing. After onliine multiplayer world overwrited. Also tried USB Flash. World rewrited as "mmm" expert large. like on server when i was.

Th
Same thing. After onliine multiplayer world overwrited. Also tried USB Flash. World rewrited as "mmm" expert large. like on server when i was.

This update downloaded differently for everyone it seemed. Some of my friends can't even start the game, while others have it work flawlessly. If my method doesn't work, I would recommend finding people with the exact same types of glitches that have happened to you, since they might know a way to fix some of these bugs

3.Open the Terraria file

Yeah... so uhm. That didnt work. Still dont have my world back. I still have the world from multiplayer got ky hopes up man.. im actuallu so sad

Yeah... so uhm. That didnt work. Still dont have my world back. I still have the world from multiplayer got ky hopes up man.. im actuallu so sad

I don't know what to tell you, I can only recommend staying out of multiplayer to prevent this from happening anymore. Though there still might be hope for your world, try rummaging through the files to see if anything works for you. Or you could take a risk by deleting the overwritten world to then re-upload the original file. Only do this if nothing else works

Back
Top Bottom