Resolved [PS4] Can No Longer Use Tools or Place Blocks

Spook_Toons

Terrarian
So I've been playing Terraria for the first time in a long time since keyboard and mouse came to PS4. I've been quite enjoying it as I've never been fond of the way the controller functions in game.

Anyways, I'm not sure what happened but I went to fight the Wall Of Flesh and suddenly I can't swing weapons, use potions or place blocks. It's as though in game the left mouse button no longer works, however, it works in menus and in the inventory. I've also tested the right mouse button and I can interact with doors and chests just fine.

I saw that this is a somewhat known bug on PC, the solution is to go into your game files and delete one of them or change a line of text, I believe. Unfortunately I'm not able to do this with my PS4 and would really appreciate some help.

That being said, I've tested it on new characters, a brand new world and have reinstalled Terraria to my console but nothing has fixed it.

Again, would just like some help so I can get back to my game. Thanks for reading!

So I've been playing Terraria for the first time in a long time since keyboard and mouse came to PS4. I've been quite enjoying it as I've never been fond of the way the controller functions in game.

Anyways, I'm not sure what happened but I went to fight the Wall Of Flesh and suddenly I can't swing weapons, use potions or place blocks. It's as though in game the left mouse button no longer works, however, it works in menus and in the inventory. I've also tested the right mouse button and I can interact with doors and chests just fine.

I saw that this is a somewhat known bug on PC, the solution is to go into your game files and delete one of them or change a line of text, I believe. Unfortunately I'm not able to do this with my PS4 and would really appreciate some help.

That being said, I've tested it on new characters, a brand new world and have reinstalled Terraria to my console but nothing has fixed it.

Again, would just like some help so I can get back to my game. Thanks for reading!
Hi there @Spook_Toons welcome to the forums. :)

In the game settings, is it possible that you've accidentally unbound the left mouse button. Can you doublecheck in the keyboard/controller bindings that you have something bound to the "use" function (what would be used to use a weapon or place blocks).

Hi there @Spook_Toons welcome to the forums. :)

In the game settings, is it possible that you've accidentally unbound the left mouse button. Can you doublecheck in the keyboard/controller bindings that you have something bound to the "use" function (what would be used to use a weapon or place blocks).
Oh my gosh I went into my settings and thats exactly what it was. I feel really silly now. Thank you so much though, I was heartbroken that I was probably going to have to stop playing for a while and now I can just hop right back in.

Couldn't tell you how I ended up unbinding the mouse button and whats worse I thought I had checked that.

Again, thank you so much. It's really nice to see how quick I got a response and the issue solved, even if I accidentally caused it lol

Have yourself a good day or night, depending on where you are!

Oh my gosh I went into my settings and thats exactly what it was. I feel really silly now. Thank you so much though, I was heartbroken that I was probably going to have to stop playing for a while and now I can just hop right back in.

Couldn't tell you how I ended up unbinding the mouse button and whats worse I thought I had checked that.

Again, thank you so much. It's really nice to see how quick I got a response and the issue solved, even if I accidentally caused it lol

Have yourself a good day or night, depending on where you are!
I’m so glad to hear it was a simple fix. Enjoy playing. :)

Back
Top Bottom