Resolved [PS4] Crafting...

Kage shadow

Terrarian
this might be a dumb question, but since the 1.3 update I cannot find the menu in which you see all of the crafting recipes. I'm trying to see the material required to make certain items and I don't know what menu to use in order to see that. Does anyone have some advice?

this might be a dumb question, but since the 1.3 update I cannot find the menu in which you see all of the crafting recipes. I'm trying to see the material required to make certain items and I don't know what menu to use in order to see that. Does anyone have some advice?
If you know you have at least one of the materials for the item then take that to the Guide and select his 'Crafting' option. You then have to pick up the material, L1 over to the crafting section, and there will be an empty inventory slot for you to place it into. Your crafting menu will change to show you all the possible items you can craft from that material. It's a lot more work than the old console way but it's how PC Terraria was designed and intended to work. :)

If you know you have at least one of the materials for the item then take that to the Guide and select his 'Crafting' option. You then have to pick up the material, L1 over to the crafting section, and there will be an empty inventory slot for you to place it into. Your crafting menu will change to show you all the possible items you can craft from that material. It's a lot more work than the old console way but it's how PC Terraria was designed and intended to work. :)
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. That is what I have been doing up until this point I was just really hoping there would be a menu that I could enter into but if not then I will have to deal. XP

But thank you very much for this information it is very helpful!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. That is what I have been doing up until this point I was just really hoping there would be a menu that I could enter into but if not then I will have to deal. XP

But thank you very much for this information it is very helpful!
other than that, there's the terraria gamepedia XD it's good for recipes usually but keep in mind that it's fan edited and not sacred :)

I don’t care if it is how PC Terraria was “designed” to work... it still blows when compared to the previous console editions. This is something Re-Logic needs to re-consider their thinking on.

In a game where crafting is such a central thing, then why have a non-intuitive, limited, frustrating, lame NPC as the only in-game interface to see crafting recipes? Why leave it up to the fans of the game to cobble together some wikis so people can actually figure out crafting?

They REALLY need to put back the prior console crafting UI and also I would suggest giving it to PC players as well.

I mean, I’m standing here talking to the Guide NPC, and I still have no idea what to do in order to figure out my recipes. You said to put the inventory item into some kind of box... what the heck are you talking about? The whole crafting UI is so transparent and tiny that I cannot see anything hardly, and nothing has clear labels as to what it is. Garbage UI... sad.

I don’t care if it is how PC Terraria was “designed” to work... it still blows when compared to the previous console editions. This is something Re-Logic needs to re-consider their thinking on.

In a game where crafting is such a central thing, then why have a non-intuitive, limited, frustrating, lame NPC as the only in-game interface to see crafting recipes? Why leave it up to the fans of the game to cobble together some wikis so people can actually figure out crafting?

They REALLY need to put back the prior console crafting UI and also I would suggest giving it to PC players as well.

I mean, I’m standing here talking to the Guide NPC, and I still have no idea what to do in order to figure out my recipes. You said to put the inventory item into some kind of box... what the heck are you talking about? The whole crafting UI is so transparent and tiny that I cannot see anything hardly, and nothing has clear labels as to what it is. Garbage UI... sad.
I completely agree with this I really want the old crafting back or at least a option to have it in the settings because it’s so much easier to see what I’m doing and crafting with all the old tabs and the whole menu that it gave.

Back