**REPORTED** [PS4] World gone black AGAIN

Twinkletoe

Terrarian
Having all my visual game progress lost has been a problem since the original update. But in the last few months, it's only happened about once or twice a month. This week, since the latest update, it's happened two days in a row.
This is discouraging and infuriating. I and others waste time going back over biomes so we can actually fight and play and build!
This problem needs to be given real attention and work from the developers. New pretty or fun things is all well and good, but making actual game play consistently viable is much more important. Enough is enough! Please fix this!

Thanks for the report! I was wanting to confirm the following with you to further diagnose this issue:
* Approximately how many of each world type (small, medium, large) do you have saved to your account? How much of their maps have been filled in roughly?
* Were any of these resetting worlds created prior to the 1.4 update? If so, do you remember the version number (1.2, 1.3, etc.)?

Thanks for the report! I was wanting to confirm the following with you to further diagnose this issue:
* Approximately how many of each world type (small, medium, large) do you have saved to your account? How much of their maps have been filled in roughly?
* Were any of these resetting worlds created prior to the 1.4 update? If so, do you remember the version number (1.2, 1.3, etc.)?
I have 4.4.9.2 build 1016. I have 9 journey worlds, 2 of which were made before 1.4. My main world is one of those. 5 are large, 2 are medium, 2 are small.

My main world and the other large pre-1.4 are completely filled in, especially the main. Lots of building and I've done all the bosses in both worlds.

But I've had this problem ever since I upgraded to ps4 some years ago, when I only had one world. And I have had it happen to a few of my post-1.4 world a few times.

I do want to report that I have had a black screen in my main world 4 times this week. It's Very discouraging. I hope you can fix this very soon.

I have 4.4.9.2 build 1016. I have 9 journey worlds, 2 of which were made before 1.4. My main world is one of those. 5 are large, 2 are medium, 2 are small.

My main world and the other large pre-1.4 are completely filled in, especially the main. Lots of building and I've done all the bosses in both worlds.

But I've had this problem ever since I upgraded to ps4 some years ago, when I only had one world. And I have had it happen to a few of my post-1.4 world a few times.

I do want to report that I have had a black screen in my main world 4 times this week. It's Very discouraging. I hope you can fix this very soon.

Quote Reply

Ok, I made a new large Journey world, drunk seed. I've made some basic tunnels, beaten pre-hardmode bosses and wall of flesh. I only have simple houses for current npcs. I turned off the game appropriately last night, and after the June 1st update last night, my map is all black again. Why??? Please fix this.

Another loss of map today in my new world. That's two days in a row, making a total of 6 times on two different worlds in the last few weeks. Please reply.

Please reply
Still no ETA on this one yet - an update we recently released to consoles brought with it a few (now fixed, thankfully) high-priority bugs, so squashing those has largely been our focus as of late.

That said, I definitely agree that this is a crucial aspect of the game that needs fixing. This issue (along with all the info you provided - thank you!) is flagged in our tracker currently, but I'll follow up with the programming team about it.

I might have a few additional questions surrounding this bug later on down the line, so I'll be sure to keep you posted if any arise.

Still no ETA on this one yet - an update we recently released to consoles brought with it a few (now fixed, thankfully) high-priority bugs, so squashing those has largely been our focus as of late.

That said, I definitely agree that this is a crucial aspect of the game that needs fixing. This issue (along with all the info you provided - thank you!) is flagged in our tracker currently, but I'll follow up with the programming team about it.

I might have a few additional questions surrounding this bug later on down the line, so I'll bean sure to keep you posted if any arise.
Thanks for the reply. I can report now that my new large world has yet again lost my map progress, making it 3 times just since last Friday. Please tell the programmers I'm tearing my hair out over this, and have stopped recommending the game to anyone until this serious bug is fixed. That makes me sad.

This happens to me a lot too, I don't know why. Maybe it's a Playstation thing?
Please report this on a separate post marked highest priority. The support staff need to see more posts from other people. Most players I know that still play have given up on the game being fixed.

It's happening every day now. It's never been this bad.
The frequency of this is somewhat worrying - would you be able to zip up your save data and send it to me? If you use a USB stick, it’s possible to export Terraria’s data to it - from here, I should be able to replicate your exact setup and zero in on what’s happening.

Since it would probably be best to avoid sending it publicly, feel free to DM me either over forums or on discord (my tag on there is @Nescre).

The frequency of this is somewhat worrying - would you be able to zip up your save data and send it to me? If you use a USB stick, it’s possible to export Terraria’s data to it - from here, I should be able to replicate your exact setup and zero in on what’s happening.

Since it would probably be best to avoid sending it publicly, feel free to DM me either over forums or on discord (my tag on there is @Nescre).
I can try. I will have to get a stick, then figure how to export the data without destroying anything, lol. I will DM you over forum. Interestingly, I haven't had it happen for a few days. Don't have any idea why, buy I'm enjoying the momentary respite.

Back
Top Bottom