Pumpkin/Frost Moon Grinder

Cruster

Terrarian
Ok this is my arena. I had to take three screenshots and put them together but on the sides we have to trap towers with lava on the bottem, fire traps shooting into the arena(red/white walls indicate where the fire reaches), spikes falling from the top of the towers, and some more fire traps on the bottom. The bottom part of the arena has spikes shooting down as well as the entire floor is spike ball traps. I'm debating on putting lava in it. The floor I stay on has honey below the fire trap range and at the sides of the platform used to attack into the bottom area. The entire floor that area is asphalt for me to move easily on. Then of course the area used to move around and fight in, heart lanterns, campfires, an ammo box, and a crystal ball. I'm trying to figure out how to add an invincibility machine(I think its called) but I don't know how to do so. I still haven't found the star and heart statues so I can't put them in. My issues are stuff spawning on the platforms but the bosses I lead to the middle platform where they drop into the main trap. Plans I might try are the invincibility machine, a room to spawn in above the arena, and a way to keep things from spawning on the upper platforms. If you have any tips I would appreciate it(assuming people are still reading this). This is my first time trying traps and wiring for an arena so I'm looking up stuff all the time. It is currently being worked on to beat the Frost Moon and has already been used to beat the Pumpkin Moon(with other players).
arena2.png

This has given me some ideas, thanks! I just wanted to let you know, I noticed when using lava and spike balls, the lava causes the mobs to be immune briefly, like a pause before the next damage tick. This seems to significantly lower the damage the spike balls could do if the lava was there and based on our trials, the spike balls alone do more damage than the two options combined. Just wanted to let you know! Have you made any improvements since this post?

Back
Top Bottom