Question: Is Tedit still working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenishjooj

Terrarian
Everytime when i try to use the Tedit (Last version, of course)
When i open/create a new world, it damn crashes! I Really need to use that program and never more worked with me, do you guys have that problem too?
Or somebody could solve this? Halp D:

Still works for me. It seems like Tedit isn't very well optimized for slower computers, for the most part, so that could be the issue.

The only thing I could say is to try reinstalling.

I did it
Over 10 times...
Yeah, maybe it's the computer problem, both my 2 PCs aren't very modern.
Yea, that's probably the issue. I could be wrong, though. I don't know extensively about how Tedit works, so there are probably other people who could figure out more about what's going on.

Does this happens when you create a new world in Tedit or when you try to open a world in Tedit?

It only ever crashes for me if I create a new world with an already existing world name, or a world name I used that session (even if I didn't save).

Check in the Documents\My Games\Terraria folder and there should be a TEditLog.txt file with the crash message. Seeing that message would help explain what's causing the problem.

I haven't seen a TEdit specific thread on the new forum yet, but the TO thread is still available for questions and issues -- link

Stuffs 4 help u

09-21-2014 13:48: Starting TEdit 3.5.14228.27
09-21-2014 13:48: OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
09-21-2014 13:48: .Net >= 4.0
09-21-2014 13:48: XNA 4.0
09-21-2014 13:48: Terraria Data Path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content
09-21-2014 13:48: Creating Undo cache: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\TEdit\undo_685378773
Yes, it makes a lot of sense now.........................................................uh...

Well that's . . . odd. The time stamps are all over two weeks old?

Otherwise, those messages are all pretty normal. Typically if it crashes, there should be a stack dump that indicates where in the program things went wrong, including the attempt to open the file and possibly some other stuff. Could you try running it again, opening a world to make it crash, and then see if you have any further information in that log file? So far I'm a bit puzzled by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom