PC Question: Is this considered cheating?

Was this considered cheating?

• Yes, it is cheating (please write in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is not cheating

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AquaZet

Terrarian
I have never cheated on terraria because it is a great game, however i am not sure about one time if i was cheating and i want your own opinion.

1 year ago, i defeated Skeletron Prime but i forgot to take the Souls of Fright. Because i didn't wanted to kill him again, i opened a random number generator, i generated a random number between 20-40 (which is how many Souls of Fright he drops when he dies). The number generator showed "27", and i got the same amount of souls from an Inventory Editor.

I just want your opinion if this is considered cheating. From my own opinion, I believe that it is cheating because i got the items using an editor. On the other hand, i believe that it is not cheating because i did a part of the game, with a Random Number Generator (the Souls of Fright and how many i will get).

Morally gray area.

While you're modding items in, you were doing it to replace lost items. You see it all the time in other games with more.. volatile inventories (such as the Gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online, where your entire un-equipped inventory disappears if you freeze while online).

It wasn't being done with the intent to negatively impact somebody else's gameplay, so don't fret over it.

What you do in a single-player experience harms nobody else. Enjoy yourself.

Back
Top Bottom