Questions for Modding

JayStarPlays

Official Terrarian
I have made several posts asking specific questions on how to mod Terraria, and none of them are ever answered (except for one)
I am new to modding and need a lot of help.
So I have started this list here for all my questions, when I asked them, and if they have been answered or not and what the answer was.

How do I make wings work like the vortex booster - hold down to fly horizontally? (1/6/2021 - Unanswered)
  • I'm making a set of wings which I want to act like the vortex booster, where you can hold down to fly horizontally, but I have no clue how to do it.
  • If anyone answers this, while you're at it, can you also tell me how to make it work like the jetpack, holding up to get a vertical speed boost?
HyperWings.png
HyperWings_Wings.png
Hyper Wings - A set of post-moonlord wings which are made to be very mobile and have a lot of special mobility abilities.

How do I make a flying enemy which acts like a deadly sphere? (1/6/2021 - Unanswered)
  • I have made an enemy with the deadly sphere AI type and AI style, and it works as expected, except it doesn't fly, and instead sticks to the ground. How do I make it fly around?
HyperProbe.png
Hyper Probe - This is an enemy which will start spawning after the moon lord is defeated, pretty much anywhere on the surface, and will help you get started on post-moonlord content in my mod.

How do I make a flamethrower backpack? (11/28/2020 - Unanswered)
  • I have been trying to make a thrower-type item with a backpack when you hold it like you would see on the Elf Melter, Leaf Blower or Heat Ray, but I don't know how to code the backpack, just the item itself
Sporethrower.png
Sporethrower_Backpack.png
Sporethrower - This will be a Chlorophyte-tier flamethrower thing

Need help with sprite animation code (11/28/2020 - Answered! - Main.RegisterItemAnimation)
  • I am trying to make an ammo type that is animated when in the inventory, and everything I've tried so far hasn't worked. It has just 5 frames, set up in a spritesheet how most animated items would work
Infinite_Onyx_Pouch_Gif.gif
Onyx_Shot.gif
Infinite_Onyx_Pouch.png
Onyx_Shot.png
Onyx Bullets (infinite & singular) - An early hardmode ammo type

How to make a multi-projectile sword (4/9/2020 - Unanswered)
  • I have a sword that I want to shoot a couple different projectiles each swing, and I have only been able to get 1 projectile to shoot at a time
    • Update 12/1/2020 - I figured out how to do a 2nd projectile, but I still need to find out how to add 1 more
DepurifyingBlade.png
Depurifying Blade - A hardmode alternative to the Night's Edge, sort of a mix of both evils in a weapon, will shoot an ichor stream, cursed fireball, and beam sword beam

How do I make a custom holiday grab bag? (4/9/2020 - Unanswered)
  • I need help having a custom grab bag drop in a certain holiday, that doesn't already exist in the game - trying to make one around Easter/April, and I can't find anything on how to do it
EasterBasket.png
Easter Basket - Will drop from enemies around Easter in April, like how Goodie Bags and Presents, and give Easter-themed items when opened

How do I make an enemy spawn at a certain height no matter where the player is? & How do I make an enemy not despawn? (7/1/2019 - Unanswered)
  • I am trying to make a "supply drop" enemy, which will spawn on the sky layer no matter where the player is, and I want it to not despawn so a player can actually have time to get to it
    • I think the spawning may have something to do with teleporting the enemy, but I don't know how to do that, and I think the despawning thing will have to make it count as a town npc like the old man, and I don't know how to do that either
StandardSupplyDrop.png
Supply Drops - Will spawn rarely around the map, and be able to be killed for a supply drop grab bag to open to get items, this is for a different mod than everything else

Attachments

• DepurifyingBlade.png
    DepurifyingBlade.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
have you tried the tmodloader discord? It's much more active: tmodloader.net/discord
I've joined it a while ago.
It sure is active, though a bit too much so, and my questions always get buried, or not answered.
The people who have responded generally are unhelpful aswell. :/

Back
Top Bottom