PS4 Quick Stack-Useless?

AlexTheKoalefant

Eye of Cthulhu
I have noticed that quickstack does absolutely nothing.This goes for PS3 as well...But I got a PS4 Yesterday and I tried to store items in a chest...(Not manually)But it wasn't doing anything...Is this a bug or am I not doing something right or...what's happening?

Do you have similar stuff in your chests already? You need to hint what you want where by placing stuff in your chests first.
I haven't really used the feature much so I don't know if there are any other quirks.

Do you have similar stuff in your chests already? You need to hint what you want where by placing stuff in your chests first.
I haven't really used the feature much so I don't know if there are any other quirks.
I have played Terraria for a long time...I wouldn't use quick stack if I didn't have the same item in my Inventory and my chest.;)Yes I do make sure I have the same items in BOTH...But even then it still doesn't do anything.

If the item(s) are in the hotbar (top row of the inventory), then it won't be quickstacked. Elsewhere works fine for me on 360 and XB1.
Should work the same on PS3/PS4.

Coins won't quickstack if they are in the Coins slots. Same goes for ammo. Everything else quickstacks just fine for me.
I guess I have to ask the obvious question... You don't have a chest open when selecting the quickstack button, do you? (should be bloody obvious it won't work then)

OMG That was it? :facepalm:

BTW Sorry for getting snarky, but you started it. Getting snarky towards someone who's just trying to help doesn't help.

The quick stack to chests doesn't work while a chest is open. The quick stack button (pile of coins dropping, visible when in the chest's inventory) should still work.

Back
Top Bottom