Quick tip: Using the Slime mount to illuminate blocks around you.

RafaelHydra

Skeletron Prime
Hi there, name is RafaelHydra, and in a recent playthrough I found out a helpful trick to do with the Slime Mount.

Note: I am a spoon/goofy kind of guy and it is late in where I live, so I'm gonna make it quick: Only text, no pictures. If you need help, contact me.

Q. What is this?
A. This is a method that uses Slime Mount's unique way of jumping, and particles to light up blocks above, below, and even to your left and right.

Q. Is there any specific place where I can use this?
A. As long as YOU can do it, no, there is no specific place.

It is very simple, I'm gonna show you how to do it:
  • To do this upwards, all you need to do is mount your slime. Then, jump with the slime, and, when you are about to hit the ceiling, unmount your slime quickly. If done correctly, the particles caused by unmounting will fly up and illuminate the blocks above you. Note that it is recommended to do this with around 7-10 (minimum) height of air/clear blocks, so you can do this more easily. Doing this with lesser clear blocks, is, however, still possible.
  • To do this downwards, mount your slime, jump with it, and when you are about to touch the ground after jumping, unmount your slime. Doing this should cause the particles to fly downwards (if done correctly), illuminating blocks in that direction.
  • To do this to either side, build a platform (4 blocks high, approximate minimum of 15 blocks wide), build up speed from the opposite side you want to light up, charge in with the slime and when you are about to touch the wall, unmount your slime. I don't think this method is as effective as doing this upwards or downwards, but I guess it still works.
That's it. If you enjoyed this guide, just like it, and if there is something wrong, just tell me, I haven't fully tested sideways lighting ('cause RIP character). Well, hope you had a good time reading this. Sincerely, -RafaelHydra

You can use rocket boots and dequip them mid-flight to launch huge sparks that go through walls.

Back
Top Bottom