tModLoader RadioctiveTaco's Mod

Could you add an event (like the frost/pumpkin moon) that's post skeletron, and meant to provide you with weapons/armor capable of killing the WoF? (I was figuring the event would be demon/fire/hell themed, and could only be fought/summoned in hell.) For example, it could add an item that can turn molten armor into a new armor that buffs all weapons instead of just melee, and has an extra three or so defense. And it could add upgraded forms of weapons found in shadow chests, like a sunfury that has a ring of spinning sparks around it, and a dark lance that causes a wall of shadow-tridents to move across the screen in the direction you stabbed in, or a hellwing bow that fires arrows in sets of three, like a lesser tsunami. Or maybe they could just be the same weapons but with more damage/speed.

More good weapons from the pirates and frost legion would be good too, and less hard to make.

Also a post-golem ore that can be crafted into a general armor set and various weapons would be nice.

Not that I'm expecting you to do all these things. A couple would be cool though.

What am I supposed to do with these Grab Bags? They are listed as Consumables but I can consume them like potions. Nothing happens if I try to.

You hover your mouse cursor over it and left click them while they're in your inventory, like a treasure bag or christmas present. I should add a tooltip.
Screenshot (197).png

Tooltip will be added in the next update

Last edited:
My Thoughts/Suggestions
-there’s a lot of belt buckles and their only purpose is to craft 1 belt each so why not just have 1 recipe where you combine the ingredients for the belt and buckle to get a buckled belt?

-I noticed some of the spinning projectiles look like they aren’t spinning properly, easy fix make sure projectile.width and projectile.height are the same as your projectile’s sprite

-all the guns in your mod could benefit from this
public override Vector2? HoldoutOffset()
{
return new Vector2(0, 0);
}
Tweaking the vector will change where the player holds the gun. Keep tweaking until it looks right.

-The damage that minions do is based on when they’re summoned and won’t update if the player’s summon damage changes until resummoned. So with the familiar potion someone could drink it, summon their minions to get the 25% minion damage, then cancel the buff to avoid the 15% reduced other damage

-The ‘nebula’ projectiles on the forbidden hexcast home in on town NPCs I don’t think that’s intentional

-the mod has 3 summoner armors they’re all somewhat boring they just provide minion damage and capacity bonuses and don’t feel very unique from each other. As an example of a way to make them feel unique, you could make one of the seafoam armor pieces grant the player swimming and make an interesting set bonus like ”When swimming small fishes will swim around you and attack nearby enemies” (If you don’t know how to do that I can help)

-Tectonic tomahawk, with a name like that I expect something like creates a shockwave when it hits something not bounces off walls and emits so much light it turns your skin white

-Just going to let you know that piercing projectiles make npcs invulnerable briefly, keep that in mind when you design weapons that shoot piercing projectiles rapidly

-sprites are decent better than something I could make

-The burst bows are cool, but the arrows they shoot are a bit boring

I can fix the familiar potion buff so that you can't click to cancel it.
Players could still use the nurse or just wait out the buff I'd recommend adding a 2 minion slots instead of a damage increase.

I can change some things with the armor to make them more unique.
the ModPlayer class is really useful for that, here's an example https://hastebin.com/cujotuzacu.cs

I'm not really sure what to do about the tomahawk, but I'll look into it.
Just add an OnHitNPC method that spawns "shockwave" projectiles and plays an explosion sound

Back
Top Bottom