NPCs & Enemies Rain Boss - Lord Nimbus

Like the idea?

• Awesome!

• Could add a bit more...

• Hell no.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tec

Steampunker
I'd like to see a boss that can only be summoned in the rain. To summon the boss, you must craft a Suspicious Looking Cloud at a Demon/Crimson Altar and use it. The Suspicious Looking Cloud is crafted with a Crown, 5 Souls of Sight, Fright and Might and 20 Rain Clouds. The boss is a giant Angry Nimbus, called something along the lines of Lord Nimbus. His attacks vary from lightning bolts striking down and rain clouds similar to the Nimbus Rod. This boss is somewhat endgame and should only attempt to be killed post Pumpkin Moon and/or Frost Moon. Lord Nimbus looks like a massive Angry Nimbus. He wears a golden crown with a red gem.

Edit: Drops
Lord Nimbus drops:
20-40 Lightning Bolts
Angry Rain Cloud (33.3%)
The Nimbus Greatsword (33.3%)
The Flying Shock (33.3%)
Lord Nimbus Mask
Lord Nimbus Trophy

Lightning Bolts are used to make Lightning themed weapons
Angry Rain Cloud is a minion that fires small lightning bolts
The Nimbus Greatsword is a sword (really?) that fires a lightning projectile similar to that of the Terra Blade. The projectile inflicts the 'Electrified' debuff that progressively deals damage for 5 seconds.
The Flying Shock is a boomerang that inflicts the 'Electrified' debuff that progressively deals damage for 5-8 seconds depending on distance thrown.

Edit #2: Switched the names of the summoning item and the boss summoning item, due to suggestion.

Last edited:
Seems a bit more like a post-Plantera miniboss who spawns on his own. At least, that's the way I would handle it.

Also, try not to keep us waiting too long for the drops...

Seems like a good idea, but could use some work. If I had the decision on whether or not to add something like this to Terraria, I probably would.

This seems like it would be more midboss-ish than endboss-ish, but a rain boss would definitely be a cool addition.

Seems a bit more like a post-Plantera miniboss who spawns on his own. At least, that's the way I would handle it.

Also, try not to keep us waiting too long for the drops...

This is a good idea, but I think that Baconfry has a better summoning idea. And he should have two forms.
Also, what are his stats?

Here are some ideas:
He attacks by flying over you and raining on you. In second form, he also hits you with lightning.

Stage one:
HP: 12000/12000
Rain: 15
Defense: 12

Stage two:
HP: 4500/12000
Rain: 10
Lightning: 55
Defense: 34

Back
Top Bottom