Texture Pack Rainlight UI and Stormdark UI

theNinJedi

Terrarian
Hey everyone!
I'm new-ish to Terraria ._. (and even way newer to the forums so bear with me here).
Anyways, I made Rainlight UI and Stormdark UI on the Steam Workshop for Terraria.
I wanted to wait until this project was mostly filled-out(had more meat?) before posting it here. But I guess maybe I was just shy lol
So here they are.

Rainlight UI
[ Download Rainlight UI v.1.4.zip ]
[ Download Rainlight Health and Mana UI ]
iconV2.png icon.png

Rainlight UI Promotional Banner.png

Rainlight UI Screenie 3.png

ah damn, I blinked.
Rainlight UI Screenie 1.png
Rainlight UI Screenie 2.png

Rainlight UI Workshop 1.png

So clean and white, 9 out of 10 dentists want you to get this pack

Stormdark UI
[ Download Stormdark UI v.1.5.zip ]
[ Download Stormdark Health and Mana UI ]
iconV2 1.3.png icon.png

Stormdark UI Promotional Banner.png

Stormdark UI Screenie 3.png

Stormdark UI Screenie 1.png

*inferno potion go woossshhh*
Stormdark UI Screenie 2.png
Stormdark UI Workshop 1.png

I'm batman

As you may notice, they are just one and the same. All details and shapes are mostly identical. Afterall, they were both designed together and with the same principles in mind.
All I set out to do was to design a custom UI skin that was cleaner and 'easier on the eyes' ? It's a bit tricky.. But basically, I don't want the UI to be too demanding of players' attention, I don't want any extra noise to divert our eyes when we're scouring the inv for our items, but I don't want it to be completely invisible either. IMO the ideal UI should strive to achieve a perfect balance of this, as all things should have, and that's exactly the magic sweet-spot I'm hoping I could arrive at.
I'm sure I haven't attained this perfectly yet but hopefully we'll get there eventually as I continue to work on and tweak these packs some more.

Please do tell me what you think!

Cheers!

ps. the screenie inventories are a mess coz I'm still on my first play through and I wanted to try out every item in the game haha

Planned/Tentative Updates:
These packs are a work-in-progress. I plan to keep adding more to them in time.
I probably can't work on this all the time but do check back every now and then.
  • Some minor changes to polish the look - will be a constant thing
  • Creative/Journey mode UI support - in progress
  • Menu UI (?)
  • Health/Mana - in progress
  • Pixel-consistent alternate version (?)

Steam Workshop Links:
Updates will come faster through the Steam versions, so feel free to give them a visit!

UPDATE: July 15, 2021 - Rainlight.zip updated to v.1.4, Stormdark.zip updated to v.1.5.
I decided to keep the old versions posted for archiving reasons. I might move those elsewhere some other time.

Attachments

• Rainlight UI v.1.2.zip
    478.1 KB · Views: 689
  • Stormdark UI v.1.3.zip
    448.1 KB · Views: 1,981
  • Rainlight Health and Mana UI v.1.0.zip
    96 KB · Views: 2,604
  • Stormdark Health and Mana UI v.1.0.zip
    89 KB · Views: 5,834
  • Rainlight UI v.1.4.zip
    804.4 KB · Views: 3,821
  • Stormdark UI v.1.5.zip
    930.4 KB · Views: 10,423
Last edited:
Hey everyone!
I'm new-ish to Terraria ._. (and even way newer to the forums so bear with me here).
Anyways, I made Rainlight UI and Stormdark UI on the Steam Workshop for Terraria.
I wanted to wait until this project was mostly filled-out(had more meat?) before posting it here. But I guess maybe I was just shy lol
So here they are.

Rainlight UI
[ Download Rainlight UI v.1.2.zip ]

View attachment 319745
View attachment 319706
ah damn, I blinked.
View attachment 319708View attachment 319707
View attachment 319801
So clean and white, 9 out of 10 dentists want you to get this pack

Stormdark UI
[ Download Stormdark UI v.1.3.zip ]

View attachment 319744

As you may notice, they are just one and the same. All details and shapes are mostly identical. Afterall, they were both designed together and with the same principles in mind.
All I set out to do was to design a custom UI skin that was cleaner and 'easier on the eyes' ? It's a bit tricky.. But basically, I don't want the UI to be too demanding of players' attention, I don't want any extra noise to divert our eyes when we're scouring the inv for our items, but I don't want it to be completely invisible either. IMO the ideal UI should strive to achieve a perfect balance of this, as all things should have, and that's exactly the magic sweet-spot I'm hoping I could arrive at.
I'm sure I haven't attained this perfectly yet but hopefully we'll get there eventually as I continue to work on and tweak these packs some more.

Please do tell me what you think!

Cheers!

ps. the screenie inventories are a mess coz I'm still on my first play through and I wanted to try out every item in the game haha

Planned/Tentative Updates:
This pack is a work-in-progress. I plan to keep adding more to it in time.
I probably can't work on this all the time but do check back every now and then.
  • Some minor changes to polish the look - will be a constant thing
  • Creative/Journey mode UI support - in progress
  • Menu UI (?)
  • Health/Mana - in progress
  • Pixel-consistent alternate version (?)

Steam Workshop Links:
Steam Workshop :: Rainlight UI
Steam Workshop :: Stormdark UI
I will most likely be updating the Steam version more often than on here. So feel free to give them a visit!
Is this mod compatible with calamity texture pack?

This is nice except that the stormdark UI is kinda hard to see in rainy days.
It would be nice if there were dark-lighter (dark but not very dark) option. Also I hope rainlight could be updated as often as stormdark because currently it does not have the health/mana bar UI tweak.

hope you can release it soon!
fufu
guess what ': )

This is nice except that the stormdark UI is kinda hard to see in rainy days.
It would be nice if there were dark-lighter (dark but not very dark) option. Also I hope rainlight could be updated as often as stormdark because currently it does not have the health/mana bar UI tweak.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's tricky to design it properly so that it'll work well against both light and dark backgrounds. But let's see if I can improve on that in future updates.
Oh and yes, I plan to update Rainlight to match Stormdark eventually but there's a quick change I need to do. Apparently, it seems it's better to make the Hearts/Mana UI a separate pack so I'll focus on doing that update before anything else.

EDIT: Alright, the new standalone packs for Health and Mana UI are available for download now. Since they're independent, I can post them ahead while I sort out Stormdark and Rainlight on Steam in the mean time.
Check em out:
1624147836927.png 1624147859855.png

Last edited:
For the Rainlight UI, the Journey Mode Menu has not been updated to the new UI design, so it stands out. Not sure if this is the same with the Stormdark UI. May want to consider adding the Journey Mode menu to the customized pack.

Edit: I believe I did use the Steam version.

Here's a bit of a bug I found with the UI,
It has something to do with favoriting items that are stored away within a void bag
unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom