Game Mechanics Raise the current maximum distance that Liked/Disliked NPCs can affect Happiness by

Tarluk

Terrarian
Personally, I quite like the new Happiness system as it opens up many more possibilities for building NPC houses in my worlds. But one thing that's been mildly infuriating for me lately is how short the distance you have to keep houses of two NPCs that like each other within: a mere 25 blocks. To give a reference as to how that short that is, even these two houses for the Mechanic and Goblin Tinkerer in quite close proximity to one another still don't actually fulfill that requirement when I talk to the NPCs, forgetting that their mutual crush and next door neighbor exists at all.

Capture 2020-06-15 01_25_18.png

Considering that the Happiness system largely exists to discourage very cramped building styles, it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to force that cramped housing in order to make the most out of that system. I'd personally raise the maximum distance for this criteria from within 25 blocks to within at least 40 blocks or 50 blocks, if not longer to 60 or even 75 blocks. If two lovers's doors are within just 30 feet (or 9 meters) of each other, they should recognize that they can lovingly sit on that park bench under the ruby mistletoe and feel happiness as a result. Or if the Clothier is living just two or three stories underneath the Truffle's house ready to cook himself a delicious stew, the Truffle should be feeling absolute despair for his life and therefore proceed to charge the player a couple more gold coins for that precious Autohammer.

Back
Top Bottom