tModLoader Random Crates Mod

Skeletron
Random Crates is a pretty simple mod, it allows fishing crates to drop from any non statue spawned, hostile enemies.

RandomCrates.png

0.2% chance for biome crates to drop in their respective biomes
0.3% chance for wooden crates to drop anywhere
0.2% chance for iron crates to drop anywhere
0.1% chance for golden crates to drop anywhere

Sorry but there'll be no pics for obvious reasons.

Mod support coming soon!

The mod is on the browser, to download now!

Last edited:
Personally I feel like the percentages are too high because by the time you get past Plantera, the crates will drop virtually useless items, the only ones of use being potions and the Enchanted Sundial. It could also make it too easy to get Adamantite and the like. I think maybe 1/10 drop chance of what they are now, so 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.3% respectively.

Personally I feel like the percentages are too high because by the time you get past Plantera, the crates will drop virtually useless items, the only ones of use being potions and the Enchanted Sundial. It could also make it too easy to get Adamantite and the like. I think maybe 1/10 drop chance of what they are now, so 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.3% respectively.

That's fair enough, I'll change them respectively. Also if you'd like to create your own drop rates, the mod is tmodecompilable and the drop rates are very easy to change with some basic code knowledge.

Thanks for the support (in terms of download count), roughly 48 hours after release we've hit #20 in popularity on the browser.

Does the crate potion enhance drop rates? If not, can you please make, so it does? What about double the rates, if have crate potion or any similar effect from combined potions that increase a couple of things, including crate chance.

Back
Top Bottom