PC Random Npc Deaths

I dont want to put this as a bug quite yet, because im not sure its a bug or not, muchless know anything that could be causing it. Once i get more info, i'll put in a proper bug report if its needed.

Ive got this odd issue where my arms dealer dies from apparently nothing. I'll be far from him when he dies too, so i know its not any weapons or anything im using. It usually happens when i come back into my city, so it might be a suffocation bug, but.. im not sure.
In either case, i was coming back in through my subway system today and finally saw him die. No enemies or anything were near by, and he hadnt jumped into the lake like i was previously thinking. He was just standing there, and then dead.

Heres some screenies.

71B087196B448C5A5BE8BAD4A991E756A4797B49

C2C52C967EEF5B9D0D7A8828994131E0AA55BCCF

What ever it is, it has to be somewhere between his room, the tavern room, and the staircase where he died.
The only idea i have as to what might be doing it is possibly the cloud background im using for the lake. But.. Would that even do that?

Also, i want to note that it most certainly cannot be wraiths, if only for the fact that it was happening long before hardmode.
It also doesnt happen unless my arms dealers home is set to either in the tavern, or his room.

I also have had the Tax Collector die atleast once, but.. i dont know if that was from the pirate invasion i was currently having or not. It did however, happen while i was at spawn, far far away from my town. But.. I had just left my town to try and save the npcs so..

I dont want to put this as a bug quite yet, because im not sure its a bug or not, muchless know anything that could be causing it. Once i get more info, i'll put in a proper bug report if its needed.

Ive got this odd issue where my arms dealer dies from apparently nothing. I'll be far from him when he dies too, so i know its not any weapons or anything im using. It usually happens when i come back into my city, so it might be a suffocation bug, but.. im not sure.
In either case, i was coming back in through my subway system today and finally saw him die. No enemies or anything were near by, and he hadnt jumped into the lake like i was previously thinking. He was just standing there, and then dead.

Heres some screenies.

71B087196B448C5A5BE8BAD4A991E756A4797B49

C2C52C967EEF5B9D0D7A8828994131E0AA55BCCF

What ever it is, it has to be somewhere between his room, the tavern room, and the staircase where he died.
The only idea i have as to what might be doing it is possibly the cloud background im using for the lake. But.. Would that even do that?

Also, i want to note that it most certainly cannot be wraiths, if only for the fact that it was happening long before hardmode.
It also doesnt happen unless my arms dealers home is set to either in the tavern, or his room.

I also have had the Tax Collector die atleast once, but.. i dont know if that was from the pirate invasion i was currently having or not. It did however, happen while i was at spawn, far far away from my town. But.. I had just left my town to try and save the npcs so..
Update. I moved a couple other npcs to his room, and they too died. Im convinced its something to do with his room.

The same happened to me, I just created a new world, there were no houses, only the Guide. I was at the ocean, and suddenly, he dies!

When they walk back to their rooms, they try to pass all platforms down leading to the room below them, so your npcs go through the platform and drown, they drown now...

This is more or less the case/cause here. Unfortunately, our poor NPCs are not the brightest when it comes to things like walking home. ;)

Then they aren't good swimmers either. :p

There is a chance this will be addressed in a later patch....but unfortunately, the fix isn't straight forward.

For now, caution is advised when using platforms over water that might be within reach of your wayward NPCs. :naughty:

ITS THE SPOOKYWOOD!!!!`:confused:MY STYLIST"S ROOM HAD A SPOOKY WOOD BASE i think... AND THE DEALER OF GUNS FLOOR IS SPOOKYWOOD i think...
[DOUBLEPOST=1437430082,1437429961][/DOUBLEPOST]this is wierd..

NPC's are just extremely suicidal. Ten years doing the same stuff really got to them.

Back
Top Bottom