PC Random Slowing Down

You got some :red: runnin but still CPU and mem is good so.. ugh..

- Go fullscreen and keep your res below 1280x720... Try 800 x 600 (gasp!)
- Run the game in compatibility mode - try Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Disable "Autosave"

You got some :red: runnin but still CPU and mem is good so.. ugh..

- Go fullscreen and keep your res below 1280x720... Try 800 x 600 (gasp!)
- Run the game in compatibility mode - try Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Disable "Autosave"
Tried them all, but still the same. :(

I'll send you a proper list of what you should be using on NVidia Panel:

Page 1: http://i.imgur.com/00Ao1v0.png
Page 2: http://i.imgur.com/KGDzFIs.png

Please, try using these settings and report back.

In addition, I see some process that DO NOT need to be running and could cause problems:
  • BlueStacks, turn them all off. You do not need this emulator running.
  • Chrome, some people have issues with Chrome running while Terraria is running. Either properly install Adobe Flash should you have this issue.

Regards,
Marcus

I'll send you a proper list of what you should be using on NVidia Panel:

Page 1: http://i.imgur.com/00Ao1v0.png
Page 2: http://i.imgur.com/KGDzFIs.png

Please, try using these settings and report back.

In addition, I see some process that DO NOT need to be running and could cause problems:
  • BlueStacks, turn them all off. You do not need this emulator running.
  • Chrome, some people have issues with Chrome running while Terraria is running. Either properly install Adobe Flash should you have this issue.

Regards,
Marcus
Tried them all, no improvements. :(

Looks like this will need a hands-on approach, when you have the preparations complete:
  • Download and prepare teamviewer.
  • Contact me via PM for instant messages services: Steam, Skype, etc
  • I'll connect to your PC and work with you directly to see where the issue truly is coming from.
Teamviewer allows remote control access to another pc with the permission of the user. So please be aware of what it can do. If you are worried about security, this is fine, but this would be the only other option I see to finding the problem because most of the information provided in the FAQ and the PC Support post seems to not cover the solution.

Looks like this will need a hands-on approach, when you have the preparations complete:
  • Download and prepare teamviewer.
  • Contact me via PM for instant messages services: Steam, Skype, etc
  • I'll connect to your PC and work with you directly to see where the issue truly is coming from.
Teamviewer allows remote control access to another pc with the permission of the user. So please be aware of what it can do. If you are worried about security, this is fine, but this would be the only other option I see to finding the problem because most of the information provided in the FAQ and the PC Support post seems to not cover the solution.
What's your username for Steam?

I'm experiencing this frequent lag as well. I've tried all aspects of the troubleshooting steps in previous responses above. But still no avail to the lag. And I've noticed its ever since the latest Terraria 1.3.4.5 version.

I'm going to post my computer specs and Net Framework here.

I'm unsure what's wrong with the Nvidia Geforce results. I know that the Nvidia Geforce memory was 8gb of graphics.

The game becomes unplayable after a short period of time. Not sure if the game has a memory leak but hopefully this problem is just the game. As 2D games shouldn't require or overpower the computer's performance. I play higher detailed quality games. And they play very smoothly.

17155909_715176995323436_115702475500963438_n.jpg

2017-03-06 (2).jpg 2017-03-06 (3).jpg 2017-03-06 (4).jpg

Hello. I'm just writing here that as Rubeszilla suggested, changing my lightning setings to retro fixed my issue. Thanks all.

I've never had slowdowns on my filled, barely working pc while it was on Windows 7. Changed it to 10 while formatting, and now the slowdowns are constant. I'm playing windowed and I have to click out of terraria then back to make the slowdowns go away.

Hey guys, OP here. Got back to Terraria about 4 years later, and it's still the same, on a different machine this time. I'm having the same experience as Zegger, where clicking out of the game and then back would make it run smoothly again for a short period, after which the slowdowns would come back.

GOOD NEWS! (I guess, more like a workaround) my new finding in 2020 is that it seems to only happen when I'm using the dedicated GPU (an NVidia 930M). When I set it to use the integrated graphics on my Intel chip, it ran fine. Luckily Terraria isn't a graphically demanding game, so I can run it smoothly on integrated graphics. Hope this helps @Surgent Dubs @The 10th Doctor and Zegger (sorry I didn't know how to tag your username, I'll just quote you below)

I've never had slowdowns on my filled, barely working pc while it was on Windows 7. Changed it to 10 while formatting, and now the slowdowns are constant. I'm playing windowed and I have to click out of terraria then back to make the slowdowns go away.

Hey guys, OP here. Got back to Terraria about 4 years later, and it's still the same, on a different machine this time. I'm having the same experience as Zegger, where clicking out of the game and then back would make it run smoothly again for a short period, after which the slowdowns would come back.

GOOD NEWS! (I guess, more like a workaround) my new finding in 2020 is that it seems to only happen when I'm using the dedicated GPU (an NVidia 930M). When I set it to use the integrated graphics on my Intel chip, it ran fine. Luckily Terraria isn't a graphically demanding game, so I can run it smoothly on integrated graphics. Hope this helps @Surgent Dubs @The 10th Doctor and Zegger (sorry I didn't know how to tag your username, I'll just quote you below)
im having the same problem....but i dont know what this computer talk means, can you help me out please?

Back
Top Bottom