PC Randomized Activations

MikePotato

Terrarian
Hello,i am Mike.
Here,in this thread,i have a problem i want to discuss about.
Please do help me.
Thank You Very Diddly Much ~

Just as the title says,Randomized Activations,
But this isn't just some 50 50 chance,
What i want is a 100% chance of 3 activations out of 4.

So like,i have 4 lamps,i want to activate 3 lamps everytime i give an input,
and that 3 lamps is random,and it will always turn on 3,not 1,not 2,not 4,but 3.

Any ideas?
please do share,thanks ~~

So, something like this?

PdMIvgp.png
eyDwcWQ.png

This is pretty much just a standard 1 in 4 randomizer, but then the output is "negated". You get a signal on the outputs that didn't activate, and you don't get one on the one that did.

So, something like this?

PdMIvgp.png
eyDwcWQ.png

This is pretty much just a standard 1 in 4 randomizer, but then the output is "negated". You get a signal on the outputs that didn't activate, and you don't get one on the one that did.
Alright that's cool, but an explanation of what does what can come in handy
[doublepost=1541178777,1541178694][/doublepost]
Randomly choose 4 from 8
You can extend it to randomly choosing m from n, for example, rolling a dice is equivalent to randomly choosing 1 from 6.
Thanks, but i'm really looking forward to a 3 out of 4 acts ,that's a 4/8 or half of the possible acts, still thanks tho ,might come in handy for other stuff :)

Alright that's cool, but an explanation of what does what can come in handy
Well, it works basically like I said before. There is the part that randomly selects 1 from 4. Here is the thread where we came up with it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/solved-randomizers-how-do-they-work.59990/
The faulty gates below that are what I call "signal NOT gates". Here is an excerpt from my wire reference compilation that I have started work on way too long ago, and I should probably finish up one of these days...
Signal based NOT gate
So, a traditional NOT gate makes pretty much no sense in terraria. Wires don’t have a state, so there is nothing to negate. This little thing is kind of what I would call a signal negator. It creates an output, if the top input is triggered without triggering the input on the side first. You can make something happen, if something has NOT happened before triggering it.

YwlCvVA.gif
mrvpGJq.png
OkmPmxe.gif

Well, it works basically like I said before. There is the part that randomly selects 1 from 4. Here is the thread where we came up with it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/solved-randomizers-how-do-they-work.59990/
The faulty gates below that are what I call "signal NOT gates". Here is an excerpt from my wire reference compilation that I have started work on way too long ago, and I should probably finish up one of these days...
Wha-wow that's actually very clever, damn smart people out there

I have this mini-game I was working on that I still never got around to finishing, but it has a massive randomizer that does 1 out of 192 outputs each tick it gets. I also set the system up to have it tick faster and faster as the game goes. One of these days when I have a lot of free time I will need to figure out a good system for the 1 to 4 player win/lose conditions.

Back
Top Bottom