PC Randomizer with pressure plate rails to start/stop it.

Bmörr

Terrarian
I am trying to make a cannon with lights in it that are randomized to make it look cool. I need a way to turn the the lights flickering (kind of) on when you are in it but off after launch. A friend and I worked on it today and have a ridiculous wiring setup for it atm and would like to make it cleaner as well as making it random.
4420-571 with wires.png
4420-571.png
4420-571 with wires.png

When randomizing things, faulty lamps are your best friend.

I think a simpler way to do it is to start it when you enter, stop it when you exit, instead of having an "on" zone.

I have no idea how any of that works.
I'm building a miniature version of what you need. I'll have the basic structure ready soon.

The way I'd do it is flip-flops connected to faulty lamps of varying ratios. I'll show you what I mean.
[doublepost=1500929995,1500928630][/doublepost]This is basically what you'd be using, but on a larger scale. It'll be pretty fast and legitimately randomized.
Regular:
Capture 2017-07-24 16_55_07.png

Wire:
Capture 2017-07-24 16_55_40.png

Basically, the dummy teleports to the left when you enter the rail, then he hoiks side to side, triggering flip-flops which each trigger a faulty lamp leading to a torch. You can connect more than 3 flip-flops to the dummy hoik as well.

Last edited:
I'm building a miniature version of what you need. I'll have the basic structure ready soon.

The way I'd do it is flip-flops connected to faulty lamps of varying ratios. I'll show you what I mean.
[doublepost=1500929995,1500928630][/doublepost]This is basically what you'd be using, but on a larger scale. It'll be pretty fast and legitimately randomized.
Regular:
View attachment 177594

Wire:
View attachment 177595

Basically, the dummy teleports to the left when you enter the rail, then he hoiks side to side, triggering flip-flops which each trigger a faulty lamp leading to a torch. You can connect more than 3 flip-flops to the dummy hoik as well.
Wow thank you so much, I will have to gather faulty lamps and what logic gates are those?
[doublepost=1500954627][/doublepost]Also did you make that wiring setup specifically for this?

Wow thank you so much, I will have to gather faulty lamps and what logic gates are those?
[doublepost=1500954627][/doublepost]Also did you make that wiring setup specifically for this?
No problem! I just used AND gates, although I don't think the type of gate matters, as the faulty lamp changes the properties of it entirely.

The way I wired it is pretty flexible, flip-flops are useful in plenty of things. I did make what's in the pictures for this occasion though, just to demonstrate it.

Back
Top Bottom