Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Terraria's Chroma support isn't working as it should, and I'm not sure how to fix it. whenever Terraria is open my keyboard flashes different colors rapidly. I'm not sure if it's a bug with Terraria or with Razer. The keyboard I'm using is Razer Ornata and I'm using Synapse 3.5.

This happens to me as well and it is very annoying. I have a Razer Cynosa Chroma and every time I type my keyboard flashes rapidly while I have the game open. After a while of not typing it does go away, though. The weird thing is that the colors used to work perfectly fine but I revisited the game after a while and now it's having this problem. Maybe I set my chroma settings differently and that's messing with it? If someone could find a solution to this that would be fantastic.

edit: going into Razer Synapse and removing all of your color settings/hiding them is a temporary fix I've found, but if this could be fixed that would be awesome.
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Coming back to this because I figured it out. You have to uninstall and reinstall the Razer Chroma SDK. you can uninstall it under program files (x86) in the file Razer Chroma SDK, there's an executable for it. I don't remember if you can reinstall it or not without a fresh install of synapse. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what else could work.

i found out that what you want to do is go into files then Documents > My Games > Terraria then open config.json and go down to where it says UseRazerRGB (or whatever brand of peripherals you use - razer, logitech, corsair, steelseries) and change the variable 'false' to 'true' if it isn't already like that, and replace the part where it says 'null' underneath that and copy and paste this text into there:
{
"Keyboard": {
"R": 1.0,
"G": 0.765,
"B": 0.568
},
"Mouse": {
},
"Keypad": {
},
"Mousepad": {
},
"Headset": {
},
"Generic": {
},
"Virtual": {
}
},

if that doesn't work then delete the config.json and replace it with this file, note that this is for 1.4.4.9 and if your settings are different to mine then you might need to change them back because this is taken directly from my terraria files

Attachments

• config.json
    4.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom