Weapons & Equip Re-Adding Orb of Light

MrD108

Official Terrarian
It reminds me that the Shadow Orb used to be the Orb of Light.
Why not re-add the Orb of Light as a rare drop from the Empress of Light in Classic Mode?
There aren't that many Light Pets in Normal Mode, and that would be a wink to old players.
Of course, given the level of the game, Orb of Light were much stronger than Shadow Orb.

Last edited:
I think it would fit better in progression if you could shimmer the shadow orb
If Corruption is darkness, then Hallow is light, and Empress of Light is literally a light-themed boss, so Orb of Light would fit as her drop.

If Corruption is darkness, then Hallow is light, and Empress of Light is literally a light-themed boss, so Orb of Light would fit as her drop.
Corruption and Crimson is the dark, Hallow is the light. This is true.
And yeah, Empress of Light is a being of light. I assume someone could go blind by looking at her LOL.

Empress of Light already drops a bunch of silly cosmetic items plus her own light pet in Master Mode, to the point where I feel like this would bloat her loot pool too much.

I'd personally add it as a drop from an underground Hallow enemy, since besides Hallowed Mimics, those drop absolutely nothing except for Souls of Light (which even non-hallow enemies do if they're in the right area) and the Rod of Discord.

Another interesting option could be to make it a secret item with a chance to be obtained from Hallowed/Divine crates. This would also make its obtainment method parallel to the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart. Currently, Divine crates have no unique drops besides Souls of Light and Crystal Shards which are both easily farmable, so adding a new item to their drops could be worth it.

Empress of Light already drops a bunch of silly cosmetic items plus her own light pet in Master Mode, to the point where I feel like this would bloat her loot pool too much.
As a reminder, EoW, BoC and Queen Bee, as well as Ice Queen and Pumpking drop pets on both Classic and Master modes.
Another interesting option could be to make it a secret item with a chance to be obtained from Hallowed/Divine crates. This would also make its obtainment method parallel to the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart. Currently, Divine crates have no unique drops besides Souls of Light and Crystal Shards which are both easily farmable, so adding a new item to their drops could be worth it.
But okay, this is an interesting idea. I still prefer the EoL drop though.

As a reminder, EoW, BoC and Queen Bee, as well as Ice Queen and Pumpking drop pets on both Classic and Master modes.
I know, so I don't feel like this would necessarily be bad, but along with the usual cosmetic stuff (trophy, mask), she also drops Prismatic Dye and Rainbow Cursor which is already two extra cosmetic items.

I know, so I don't feel like this would necessarily be bad, but along with the usual cosmetic stuff (trophy, mask), she also drops Prismatic Dye and Rainbow Cursor which is already two extra cosmetic items.
All the cosmetic stuff she drops are lit (except the mask, redigit please resprite that ugly thing)

I don't think the larger pool of vanity items was a problem as they have their own drop chance.

I'd personally add it as a drop from an underground Hallow enemy, since besides Hallowed Mimics, those drop absolutely nothing except for Souls of Light (which even non-hallow enemies do if they're in the right area) and the Rod of Discord.

Light Orb 19/100

Light Orb
“Empress’s Replacement Eye”
Light Pet provides a light level close to the wisp in a bottle
19/100 from a Divine Crate

I can make more than just the light orb so it’s fair to the hallowed crates
Done

Back
Top Bottom