Game Mechanics Re-enable Sentries' ability to kill critters

firecat666

Terrarian
In the past when I made a monster farm I just put my sentries down and they killed everything but now I have to take additional measures to kill spawning critters that stray away from the spawning monsters.

Now that the Guides-to-various-things have been made all nice and convenient to use, I feel like most people will want to carry one with them and toggle them on/off as needed, so I think this feature should be brought back.

I thought about the case of summons too but I think it's better if they stay as they are, since they had this tendency of always killing critters near the character with their contact damage while being bad at killing critters far from the player.

If the farm is on surface, you are bound to run into critters. However, underground is mostly filled with enemies.

If said critters are grounded, Dart Traps should do the trick as they will most definitely kill them in one go.

If the farm is on surface, you are bound to run into critters. However, underground is mostly filled with enemies.

If said critters are grounded, Dart Traps should do the trick as they will most definitely kill them in one go.
Dart traps are fine even against fliers (just gotta build a tower of them) but I'd like the old sentry behaviour to be restored nevertheless, as it's a way more convenient way to deal with critter spawns. I understand why it was changed in the past but with the Guides new toggle functionality I think the change is no longer necessary and can be reverted.

Back
Top Bottom