Console Really 505 games?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time346

Terrarian
Well, it's now been six weeks since 505 games official apology to their fan base. Six weeks and we have not heard a peep out of them in regards to progress being made on the console ports of Terraria. I don't expect a firm release date for future updates, but what happened to "keeping the community better informed" and "fixing their customer service issues"? It would appear that their "past mistakes" aren't all that far removed, are they? I'm all for giving the developers the time they need to do a proper job, and I by no means want them to rush out another game breaking fiasco such as the 1.2 update. That being said, I was actually excited when I saw the official apology from 505 games about them realizing that leaving their fans in the dark about update progress was a mistake on their part and that they were going to correct that going forward. I believed that Re-logics new found involvement with the console side of things would yield at least some timely information. Sadly though, six weeks later we all still sit here in the dark.

They are most likely working on the second half of 1.2.3. I think maybe give them a little time, and we might here news on a month or two.

Well, it's now been six weeks since 505 games official apology to their fan base. Six weeks and we have not heard a peep out of them in regards to progress being made on the console ports of Terraria. I don't expect a firm release date for future updates, but what happened to "keeping the community better informed" and "fixing their customer service issues"? It would appear that their "past mistakes" aren't all that far removed, are they? I'm all for giving the developers the time they need to do a proper job, and I by no means want them to rush out another game breaking fiasco such as the 1.2 update. That being said, I was actually excited when I saw the official apology from 505 games about them realizing that leaving their fans in the dark about update progress was a mistake on their part and that they were going to correct that going forward. I believed that Re-logics new found involvement with the console side of things would yield at least some timely information. Sadly though, six weeks later we all still sit here in the dark.
I totally get your frustrations, sadly, enacting the changes they spoke of is a lengthy process, from what I understand they don't currently have a Community Manager, (someone like Loki) so defining that role and hiring the right person for the job is going to take quite a bit of time. I do believe the changes ARE coming, but they've got some distance to go before getting here :)

I totally get your frustrations, sadly, enacting the changes they spoke of is a lengthy process, from what I understand they don't currently have a Community Manager, (someone like Loki) so defining that role and hiring the right person for the job is going to take quite a bit of time. I do believe the changes ARE coming, but they've got some distance to go before getting here :)

Thank you for your input Nike Leon. I understand where you're coming from, and agree entirely. It's, at best, frustrating not being able to get assistance with anything (looking at you Ps Vita Terraria constantly crashing) or to get even any kind of update (Mr. Ruud, Engine Software team, has repeatedly said on twitter that he is not at liberty to discuss the progression of updates. 505 games has to make all anouncements regarding Terraria.) about the game.
I love Terraria! And as such it pains me greatly to have to face the anxiety inducing behavior that apparently makes up the follow up to what seemed to be a sincere apology from 505 games.
I apologize to you Nike Leon for the rant. You're a good person who understands the value of astute, punctual communication. If applicable I implore you to apply for the job of 505 games community manager. At least then we would have someone worthy on the fans side.

As Nike noted, a lot of these things were still very much "in process" - and many still are.

505 needs a CM (and if all goes well, hopefully will get one soon)

Tearing apart QA and Customer Service and rebuilding from the ground up takes time - but I will say that great progress has been made (though much to do still remains).

Mobile has been receiving news and such because - once those plans were firm and in place, the team could start sharing things (once the effort to fix all that was quite broken was at least well underway)

Console is in a tricky spot of still firming up exactly what will happen when. Once that is done, I promise you that Re-Logic is advising a more open and advanced communication stream (news sooner, even when a date isn't known exactly, occasional spoilers, daily dialogue, etc). That said, all of that requires the plan and the people. Both are still in process. If you give it time, I think you will be pleased with the results.

I understand the frustration - and so do the people at 505. I know this because I speak with them weekly if not daily, and I know that they desire to do better and are putting things in place in an attempt to do so. Unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day...and this is much the same.

Hang in there, and rest assured that your voices are heard.

Cheers

Totally agree with these. I know that 505 Games have other games, but abandoning Terraria (that costs 18.99$, just for remember) with no news or something its very rude. Oh as well, Terraria its one of the games with more slow updates, and needs seriously to equal the PC updates without taking years, its really unacceptable. As how i say previously, all games have the same version on all the platforms, including ports. -_-
"lazyness"

Totally agree with these. I know that 505 Games have other games, but abandoning Terraria (that costs 18.99$, just for remember) with no news or something its very rude. Oh as well, Terraria its one of the games with more slow updates, and needs seriously to equal the PC updates without taking years, its really unacceptable. As how i say previously, all games have the same version on all the platforms, including ports. -_-
"lazyness"
If you read Loki's post above yours, you'll see that changes ARE coming :) Even if we haven't seen the results yet ^_^
Thank you for your input Nike Leon. I understand where you're coming from, and agree entirely. It's, at best, frustrating not being able to get assistance with anything (looking at you Ps Vita Terraria constantly crashing) or to get even any kind of update (Mr. Ruud, Engine Software team, has repeatedly said on twitter that he is not at liberty to discuss the progression of updates. 505 games has to make all anouncements regarding Terraria.) about the game.
I love Terraria! And as such it pains me greatly to have to face the anxiety inducing behavior that apparently makes up the follow up to what seemed to be a sincere apology from 505 games.
I apologize to you Nike Leon for the rant. You're a good person who understands the value of astute, punctual communication. If applicable I implore you to apply for the job of 505 games community manager. At least then we would have someone worthy on the fans side.
Thank you for remaining respectful when expressing your negative feelings, makes my job here on the forums a lot smoother :p I'm just doing what I can so that Re-Logic can focus on making awesome games :)

As Nike noted, a lot of these things were still very much "in process" - and many still are.

505 needs a CM (and if all goes well, hopefully will get one soon)

Tearing apart QA and Customer Service and rebuilding from the ground up takes time - but I will say that great progress has been made (though much to do still remains).

Mobile has been receiving news and such because - once those plans were firm and in place, the team could start sharing things (once the effort to fix all that was quite broken was at least well underway)

Console is in a tricky spot of still firming up exactly what will happen when. Once that is done, I promise you that Re-Logic is advising a more open and advanced communication stream (news sooner, even when a date isn't known exactly, occasional spoilers, daily dialogue, etc). That said, all of that requires the plan and the people. Both are still in process. If you give it time, I think you will be pleased with the results.

I understand the frustration - and so do the people at 505. I know this because I speak with them weekly if not daily, and I know that they desire to do better and are putting things in place in an attempt to do so. Unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day...and this is much the same.

Hang in there, and rest assured that your voices are heard.

Cheers

Thank you for your time, Loki! You've been doing a great job with the community for a very long time now. I appreciate your continued dedication to the Terraria universe. It's people like yourself and Nike Leon that help to turn an incredibly frustrating situation into a much more palatable one!

Thank you guys for your feedback and patience.

No one at 505 is being lazy or forgetting you guys. I say that from direct interaction with them - from the management to marketing to product development folks. They haven't done things perfectly - as they admitted - but the extent of the efforts to fix things are pretty sweeping...which unfortunately means they take more time to occur.

Ironically, I suspect the "say more" will be the easiest to fix. For now, rest assured that things ARE happening, even if a big flashy announcement hasnt occurred yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom