Items Reaver Shark Upgrade

DeadEyeDarrel

Terrarian
When 1.4.0.1 shipped, Re-Logic put out a patch that severely nerfed the Reaver Shark's pickaxe power. While tragic, it was necessary to see the progression work appropriately. However, I miss being able to use my Reaver Shark for quick, high powered mining. I would like to suggest a Molten Reaver as a pickaxe with approximately similar stats to its prior version - perhaps with a bit more reach than an average Molten Pickaxe. Making it be crafted with a Reaver Shark and either some amount of Hellstone Bars or a Molten Pickaxe would be a balanced way to give the Reaver Shark some renewed relevance. Whether or not this idea is implemented, I look forward with bated breath to the 1.4.5 update.

It seems like you have a bias towards having a stronger Reaver Shark pickaxe in the game, perhaps because it was once stronger?

Yeah, that's entirely fair. I guess the Reaver Shark was what got me into fishing in Terraria in the first place, and I do wish fishing had some more rewards past getting access to lava and making potions.

What about getting a molten reaver shark from lava? It might still mess with pickaxe progression but if it's just like 75ish instead of 100 at least it won't replace the molten pickaxe, and it also wouldn't be something just anyone could get. You'd need the golden bug net and to get all the way to hell just to get it, which seems fair. And it would only let you skip one boss.

What about getting a molten reaver shark from lava? It might still mess with pickaxe progression but if it's just like 75ish instead of 100 at least it won't replace the molten pickaxe, and it also wouldn't be something just anyone could get. You'd need the golden bug net and to get all the way to hell just to get it, which seems fair. And it would only let you skip one boss.
I agree with this a bit, but they wanted players to interact with the Eater of worlds and brain of Cthulhu more. So I don't know how to think about this.

Back
Top Bottom