InkSushis Mod - Version 4.3.1
Reduced Grinding - Version 4.2.3
Magic Storage - Version 0.4.3.1
Infinity - Endless items - Version 17.0
Yet Another Boss health bar - Version 1.2.1
Calamity Mod - Version 1.2.4.205
Thorium Mod - Version 1.4.3.8
MoreAccesories+ - Version 2.1

Hey folks, so long story short I have a heavily modded Terraria and the game is crashing, the issue here is I have been playing for the last week or with relative success with only slight issues down the line. Yet this morning about an hour ago I loaded up the game and it crashes consistently seconds after I have entered the world, my character appears at in my house at the spawn bed and I barely get to move around a little and the game crashes.

Things i have tried;

I have tried a few things in world with the few seconds I get before it crashes;-

1- Removed recent acquired accessories in case they were glitching the game
2- Used Heroes mod to teleport somewhere far from my spawn in case something there was glitching
3- Stayed still, not touching the controls in case it was some issue there

I then thought maybe the saves/world was just corrupted, so I copied some of my old backups from earlier in the day, a good few hours prior to the current saves for both the character and the world itself. I thought surely since I have obviously progressed for hours past those saves, they would continue to work at least and maybe it was something I had done recently that was crashing, but no, narrowed it down at least to something problematic with the current setup of mods/game version/system status and not the game state (maybe?). The game still crashed.

I tried disabling one of the mods (Disarray) primarily because I am fairly sure I had a problem with the mod (the creator said an issue with an NPC tag or something?) that caused the Wall of Flesh not to activate Hardmode properly, I had this issue yesterday and so after killing the wall, I activated hardmode manually using Tedit, opening the map and checking "hardomode" Which also checked "wall of flesh defeated" automatically. Meaning hardmode could start. Since then I have fought just up to pre-plantera and had hours of gameplay without a hitch. I just cannot kill the wall again or it will revert the game back to normal mode oddly enough. (props to Cavitas, the Disarray mod developer by the way, good chap, cool mod!)

Still I cannot see that being the issue, because even with Disarray disabled the game still crashes.

So in summary, lots of mods, played for several days (probably in excess of 20 hours) and only today its been crashing. I do not think my system has changed, I know I have not updated my mods or changed any variables with Terraria since I shutdown last night.

I know this is a lot to read, thank you for your time and patience and any help would be much appreciated! Any more information required please let me know.

Sorry to anyone whos read through this, but all of a sudden my game has started working again. I literally did little to my knowledge to get it working but hey...I am not complaining, one of those really weird crashes for god knows what reason.

Feel free to keep the thread open in case anyone has similar crashes or close it as needed!

Back
Top Bottom