Biomes & Nature Red Woods

Blue3d

Plantera
I had a idea that one of the outer forest biomes couldbe replaced with some new biomes. Redwood forests would replace one of the outer forests next to the snow biome. The trees would be massive and take a lot longer to chop down. The wood wood be red and make strong gear.

Attachments

• red wood test 2.png
    red wood test 2.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 29
  • red wood tiles.png
    red wood tiles.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 19
  • red wood leaves.png
    red wood leaves.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 19
  • red Wood tools.png
    red Wood tools.png
    967 bytes · Views: 22
  • red wood armor.png
    red wood armor.png
    2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240320_163849.jpg
    20240320_163849.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
On one hand, this feels unnecessary. We already have stronger woods, (ebon/shade, ash) and this would seemingly result in another forest but with different trees. On the other side, I would very much enjoy something like this. The armor and bow look great, and a new biome that featured these would likely look amazing. Might have me come out of the snow biome for once.

Edit: I didn’t see the other tools. They look simple in a good way. The trees and hammer could use some cleaning up, however. Specifically the hammer’s head and the top of the trees. I’d also be curious on how the spawns would differ from those of the forest. Judging from the slightly higher power of the wood, the challenge should be present, though nowhere near that of the world evil. Maybe a pre-HM wolf variant?

Last edited:
I don't think you'd need to replace outer forest biomes with new biomes. Just have these only generate in the outer thirds of the world. They could be rare, just to keep them feeling special; maybe they replace roughly 2% of regular Forest trees in the world.

Back
Top Bottom