Blocks & Decoration Reel In Ropes!

Yello_X

Queen Bee
(not sure if someone already suggested this or if it's already in 1.4, but eh)

Hey there, Yello here! This suggestion is gonna be really quick and straightforward!

So, we all know that we can place ropes by left clicking on an existing rope tile and it extends downwards automatically. Now, when you don't need the rope anymore, you'd need to go back down and mine it manually.

To solve that problem, I suggest that we can right click the topmost/bottommost rope tile to do the exact opposite; reel the ropes back up into your inventory. As an example, if you're reeling it in from the topmost rope tile, the bottommost would disappear and be placed in your inventory and eventually, the whole rope line will be back in your inventory. This could save a lot of time and ropes!

Thanks for reading <3

Why have I never seen this before? This would improve QOL soooo much for builders. Full Support!
(Also my banner is a link so you can click if you're curious)

Oooh, thanks for the quick reply and full support! I'm also shocked that I haven't seen anyone suggest this, seeing that this would be a large QoL improvement.
(Sure lemme check your banner)

This would be an amazing change, maybe an item could be added that reels in rope when breaking it? Idk

something like an Adventurer's Pickaxe

I'd say that the regular pickaxes are all that's needed, but mining speed and/or power (not sure which one's which) does affect the reeling speed.

To prevent accidentally taking ropes, it could require an item to do it. For example:

• Right click the ends of a rope while holding a rope coil would 'gather' the rope instead just breaking it.
  • Add the feature as a 6th circle in the Grand Design, letting you place and remove ropes the same way you remove wires.
  • Craft a pair of scissors with iron/lead in the graveyard, then:
    • Using the scissors on a rope held by no one would cut the entire rope.
    • Using the scissors under you while holding onto the rope would cut the rope below you up to the bottom, and give the pieces an upward momemtum to retract to you instead falling to the bottom.
    • Using the scissors over you while holding on the rope would cut the rope over you and fall to the bottom like they would usually do.
  • Or craft the scirssors, and they also work like the grand design with rope instead wire, using the rope in the highest leftmost slot in your inventory, and letting you put rope in the ammo slots, then place it by clicking a spot, holding the button, then releasing on the location where you want it to end, same to remove it.

To prevent accidentally taking ropes, it could require an item to do it. For example:

• Right click the ends of a rope while holding a rope coil would 'gather' the rope instead just breaking it.
  • Add the feature as a 6th circle in the Grand Design, letting you place and remove ropes the same way you remove wires.
  • Craft a pair of scissors with iron/lead in the graveyard, then:
    • Using the scissors on a rope held by no one would cut the entire rope.
    • Using the scissors under you while holding onto the rope would cut the rope below you up to the bottom, and give the pieces an upward momemtum to retract to you instead falling to the bottom.
    • Using the scissors over you while holding on the rope would cut the rope over you and fall to the bottom like they would usually do.
  • Or craft the scirssors, and they also work like the grand design with rope instead wire, using the rope in the highest leftmost slot in your inventory, and letting you put rope in the ammo slots, then place it by clicking a spot, holding the button, then releasing on the location where you want it to end, same to remove it.
The stylist actually already drops scissors on death, maybe just update those to be a tool as well.

Right click the ends of a rope while holding a rope coil would 'gather' the rope instead just breaking it.
I already had that one thing in mind, but apparently I forgot to put it in :/

Anyways, the whole scissors thing sounds good, but having to craft it in a graveyard sounds a bit too complicated. Anvils should work just fine imo.

Maybe that could also add a cool new use for the Stylish Scissors if scissors became a thing

Back
Top Bottom