Blocks & Decoration "Relay" or something (A Wiring Suggestion)

What should there be

• Relays that are like blocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Relays that are like actuators

• Both as different items

• Total voters

savaka

Official Terrarian
This is a bit hard to explain but I'll try
So this is the "Relay" or whatever it should be called. It's a block like a timer. Somewhere on the block are 2 colored locations, one of which is light or dark red to indicate if it's on or off (sort of like a timer*) and the other is red, green, or blue to indicate which wire color will activate it. Right click the relay to switch the wire color. What this device actually does is it can only be toggled on and off by the selected wire color, and if it's off, it's like all wires on that block that aren't the selected wire color aren't there.

*I don't know if the number on a timer that is on is visible in the dark without light, but the section on the relay should not be.

Example (replace 1 second timers with relays, set to red)
This requires the relays both turned on with the switches below before you can use the switch at the left to open the door (made with TEdit)
2wovoky.png

NEW IDEA:
Relays could be placed like actuators instead of like blocks, and be not solid and normally invisible and removed with wire cutters

Last edited:
Apart from being color coded this sound very similar to my Breaker suggestion. Still having them color coded to match the wires that toggle seems like a better work around then making them larger. I guess both have their pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom