Weapons & Equip Enhancing Realism and Fantasy: Rethinking Metal Names and Properties[CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlleWernersson

Terrarian
In the game terraria there is fictional content like magic wands and flying mats, and these are great and much needed in the fictional world of terraria. But there is also content that refers to real world things like lead and tin, and wouldn't is be fun if you sort of had an idea on what these metals are capable of doing. Instead we see that they have fictional use, that isn't characterised by what you might have though when you found lead or tin. Imagine if food was used to make armor, imagine if iron was used for eating, imagine if water was hard and dirt was liquid.

It doesn't make sense.

Lead is toxic and much softer than iron and as a terraria character I dont want to have tools and armor out of lead

Pure tin is soft and also not soutable for tools and armor but is very soutable for combining with other metals

Proposal
I suggest that these metals can be renamed to make it clear that they are not related to their real world counterpart

Balancing both realistic mechanics and magical elements can offer educational value, consistency, believability, and strategic depth.

EDIT: After more consideration, I have changed my opinion on this suggestion and would, therefore, like to close this thread.

Last edited:
I like it when real world materials have simular properties as they have in the real world. However I dont mind it at all if there are made up materials with crazy properties.

Perhaps the metals can be renamed to be a made up materials or repurposed to fit in more with thier real world uses

What if someone made a mod that merges ores with their counterparts to save space?
Copter, Lion, Silvsten, Plold, Criminite, Pobalt, Mythicalcum, and Timantite.
I like the naming ideas and that the ores would be fictional. I understand the idea of saving space as there are alot of ores and all of the ores can be used to craft many tools and armors.

even though you can only obtain half the ores in mines you still get all of the different ores from slimes and fishing which makes for a ton of recipies from all the ores.

Perhaps repurposing the ores for more narrower/specific uses would make it feel like you have more space. And to not remove content some ores could have a name change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom