Request for a life steal accessory or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDinky

Terrarian
After trying all end-game armor sets, I've found that the only one that can sustain is the mage armor.

Warrior armor is nice...but when you start fighting bosses, you just can't survive for the long amount of time youre required to. I tried reduced damage from the worm scarf + a load a defense, AND standing in place with the +regen item from expert bags...and it just doesnt cut it. Despite being relatively close to cutting it, i'm still forced to stand in place for the greatest benefit which is unfortunately a bit boring.

Summoner and Ranged are both very tough to survive based on low defense. I suppose they work if you are running away constantly...and sure its a valid strategy, but compared to mage, it doesnt seem to make sense. End game items should all have equal viability.

I understand if they are meant to be played with other people...like a Warrior and a Summoner would make a great team...but 2 mages would still always be better...the DPS is insane and they get hp regen.

With a life steal accessory, all classes would be able to benefit. Would also be nice if it was really hard to get :)

There's a loud and whiny group of players that really doesn't want anyone to have that alternative for ...reasons. It seems that if you can do something they can do, but with crutches like life steal, it belittles their skill and victories. It also would appear that, for some, the crowning achievement of their entire life is being good at Terraria, so they find it hard to swallow that casual players can get as much game progress as they can by using "overpowered" items. Even if this is not a competitive game, and it is primarily a single player experience.

In conclusion: no, you can't have a life steal accessory. Because they have authority with the game developers, and you and others have to suck it up and just cheese your way through the game (because that is a lot more acceptable for some reason)

Just use the Life Steal item that drops from mimics periodically. It may suck all your mana but has the potential to save you in large crowds like in invasions.

How about this - force yourself to use something that isn't a faceroll to everything else. The end game Mage armor is amazing, so try something else, knowing you are at a disadvantage. Challenge yourself. There are a ton of end game items and sets that can dominate everything on Expert Mode, but it's like playing a game on easy mode and saying "I beat this too easily", when clearly other, higher difficulties exist if you decide to explore them.

And personally, I find that although the end game Nebula armor is unbelievably amazing, I still rather enjoy all the other three armor sets. I find them all equally satisfying. They just require different tactics to utilize to their full potential.

While I can attest that the end-game mage gear is amazing, it doesn't mean that it's any better than the other end-game gear. It just takes some adjustments and strategy.

For example: Solar Armor gives you a defense boost for not getting hit. Clearly, End-game Warriors are not meant to face-tank. Draw aggro, equip some mobility accessories and start dodging.

Rangers and Summoners have always been low-health classes. Rangers provides constant DPS while avoiding agggro, and the Summoners provides area coverage with their army of minions. Leave the aggro and damage-taking to the Warriors.

Well I used Life Drain and it aoe killed some zombies and gave me life so.......

If it actually gave you life and not increased regeneration, then it's a bug and not working as intended. I did not see any patch notes that made it steal life instead.

It's supposed to kill swarms of zombies. Maybe the regeneration got a buff? I was almost uselessly weak not long ago.

I feel like this belongs in the player suggestions forum instead of general talk forum? I could be wrong about this though...

You're not wrong, except this suggestion will simply get ignored. The devs seem to regret ever introducing life steal in the game. Adding another item that can do that seems like a mythicaly long shot at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom