[Request] Mod to Lower Respawn Times

Request Granted:

Mod Name: Shorter Respawn Time
Description: Cuts the respawn time after death to a fourth.

Find on Mod Browser, see below for demo:
Complete Code, for those interested:
Code:
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Terraria;
using System;

namespace ShorterRespawn
{
    public class ShorterRespawn : Mod
    {
        public override void SetModInfo(out string name, ref ModProperties properties)
        {
            name = "ShorterRespawn";
            properties.Autoload = true;
        }
    }

public class ShorterRespawnPlayer : ModPlayer
    {
        public override void Kill(double damage, int hitDirection, bool pvp, string deathText)
        {
            player.respawnTimer = (player.respawnTimer / 4);
        }
    }
}

Thanks, bud! But does that say it's only 1/4 of the respawn time though? That's really short... not to be ungrateful or anything, though. I think that might just unbalance it.

Thanks, bud! But does that say it's only 1/4 of the respawn time though? That's really short... not to be ungrateful or anything, though. I think that might just unbalance it.
Yeah, I don't really know what would be a good balance, so I did that as a placeholder:

Vanilla: 10 seconds
Vanilla Boss: 20 seconds
Vanilla Boss Expert: 30 seconds
Vanilla Expert: 15 seconds

What would be good, you decide the algorithm and I'll update it.

Two-thirds all around?

Make expert act just like normal?

Make expert only half as an increase?

Hmm... maybe just something like 3/4 for expert mode. That'll bring everything to an acceptable level. As for normal mode, I don't really have much of a preference there. I think it might be perfectly balanced, but I haven't played normal since expert mode came out, so I can't say much for it.

Hmm... maybe just something like 3/4 for expert mode. That'll bring everything to an acceptable level. As for normal mode, I don't really have much of a preference there. I think it might be perfectly balanced, but I haven't played normal since expert mode came out, so I can't say much for it.
Alright, I've updated it. With your suggestions, here are the new times:
Modded: 10 seconds
Modded Boss: 20 seconds
Modded Boss Expert: 22.5 seconds
Modded Expert: 11.25 seconds

Update released. Use with Cheat Sheet to access a special button. (Instant Respawn)
When I turn this mod on while I have Cheat Sheet on, I get the following error.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CheatSheet.UI.ExtendedCheatMenu..ctor(Mod mod) in c:\Users\Javid\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\UI\ExtendedCheatMenu.cs:line 58
at CheatSheet.CheatSheet.AddCraftGroups() in c:\Users\Javid\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheet.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.AddCraftGroups()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Then it turns off CheatSheet, but not the lower respawn one. CheatSheet works fine by itself.
EDIT: This happens when I reload the mod, specifically when its loading recipes.

When I turn this mod on while I have Cheat Sheet on, I get the following error.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CheatSheet.UI.ExtendedCheatMenu..ctor(Mod mod) in c:\Users\Javid\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\UI\ExtendedCheatMenu.cs:line 58
at CheatSheet.CheatSheet.AddCraftGroups() in c:\Users\Javid\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheet.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.AddCraftGroups()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Then it turns off CheatSheet, but not the lower respawn one. CheatSheet works fine by itself.
EDIT: This happens when I reload the mod, specifically when its loading recipes.
K, I fixed this in Cheat Sheet, my bad.

It just doesn't appear in the mod browser, which led me to believe that it wouldn't work, as so far only mods that appear in the browser have worked. I also can't download it now, as I had to re-download my mods with the 1.3.1 update.

Last edited:
It just doesn't appear in the mod browser, which led me to believe that it wouldn't work, as so far only mods that appear in the browser have worked. I also can't download it now, as I had to re-download my mods with the 1.3.1 update.
Have you checked the mods menu? Since it still works, it'll still be in the mods menu. I just went to the mod loader with the latest tmod and it was there. I enabled it, and it was working.

Have you checked the mods menu? Since it still works, it'll still be in the mods menu. I just went to the mod loader with the latest tmod and it was there. I enabled it, and it was working.
But I had to completely reinstall so I no longer have it

Back
Top Bottom