tModLoader Requesting NPC mod

SBOfficial

Terrarian
I couldn't find after some searching around the mods for some kind of an mod which would only add NPCs. Different NPCs. I don't know what they would do, how they could be obtained but it would be great to have more NPCs you could slowly get to your house after doing certain things (killing bosses, completing difficulty stages etc.)

Would this be possible?
Would be really great if it would work in multiplayer since I play with a friend :)

As there has been no response what so ever since this was posted, I believe there is no way of doing this or there is no skill on anyone to do this. Thanks anyway! :)

Now I'm just tossing an idea that popped into my head. Perhaps the reason for not having a mod that adds many new NPCs is because NPCs are hard to code. Again this is a thought, I'm not sure how easy an NPC is to code YET (I am making a mod, I may add an NPC, but that will probably happen later)

Now I'm just tossing an idea that popped into my head. Perhaps the reason for not having a mod that adds many new NPCs is because NPCs are hard to code. Again this is a thought, I'm not sure how easy an NPC is to code YET (I am making a mod, I may add an NPC, but that will probably happen later)
Coding NPCs actually isn't hard, and there are enough examples to help you. Having individual sprites for your NPCs, or making them do more than just selling items, is the challenging part, I'd say.

Coding NPCs actually isn't hard, and there are enough examples to help you. Having individual sprites for your NPCs, or making them do more than just selling items, is the challenging part, I'd say.

Well the more you learn. I guess when I start working on my mod again I'll have to code a test NPC to see how easy it is.

Back
Top Bottom