Game Mechanics Revamped Golem fight in Expert Mode

SuggestionMcGee

Terrarian
Have you ever noticed that the Golem in Expert is a bit....bland? Like there's no challenge, especially if you know what you're doing? Other bosses provide a unique, respectively difficult battle, with rewards well worth your effort(Mostly), but Golem seems to lack that. It's quite underwhelming, especially for the loot you receive.

However, I have come up with a resolution to this problem, with a fight that should present a challenge to many players:

Phase 1: Golem will behave much like he does in normal mode. However, his body is invincible until both of his fists are killed.
Phase 2: Again, similar to normal, except he jumps more frequently. His head, though, is what the player should worry about. If players enter the air, the head will enter a state where it will viciously ram the player, forcing them to remain on the ground.

And there we have it! Any feedback is appreciated! :)

How exactly do you avoid some of his attacks without jumping? You have the right idea here, but it needs to be worked on a bit.

How exactly do you avoid some of his attacks without jumping? You have the right idea here, but it needs to be worked on a bit.
I don't think I was clear enough, allow me to clarify. His head would work similar to a Crawltipede, in that jumping regularly wouldn't trigger the attack, but flying would.

I was able to farm him with a clorophyte shotbow and holy arrows, so a buff is needed. Also, given just about every boss in hardmode is fought with wing use at this point, forcing the player to stay close to the ground would be a good change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom