Game Mechanics Reward players of any difficulty with an accessory slot instead of creating more combined accs

Alucard_I

Official Terrarian
I've seen it mentioned before by Redigit - he asked for some kind of new combination of accessories that people would love to see in the update. But you can only go so far in combining things!
Sure, modded has way more complicated stuff (looking at you, Soul of Eternity), but this is vanilla we're talking about. The deeper down this rabbit hole you go - the more tasking it'll become to craft something, especially if you need multiple of that for different loadouts. Coming up with this Frankenstein of an accessory would be a pain, its description would be a pain, getting it would be a pain.

So instead - how about giving players an extra accessory slot for defeating some difficult boss/es? We have one fruit like that for Expert players upon defeating WoF, so why not add more of those fruits for other players as well?
By having an extra accessory slot you could have any two accessories together in one loadout without having to come up with a combined version of them, or going modded. If you're worried about balancing - you could have those slots be dedicated to something, like wings or defense.

Perhaps every kind of difficulty would reward the player with another fruit for defeating Moon Lord? It'd be post-game, so it won't affect progression at all, but it's still something rewarding for casual players, a taste of what freedom Expert has to offer. In a similar vein you could have some other bosses drop another fruit on harder difficulties, leaving journey mode players with 0 and legendary players with 4 extra acc slots post-game.

Huh, I somehow expected this idea to be a bit more popular... I'm sad now.
However, I remain a strong believer that an extra accessory slot is better than combining two accessories to fit into one slot.

Back
Top Bottom