NPCs & Enemies Reworking some Hardmode Expert Boss Fights

ThatRandomBuilderGuy

Eye of Cthulhu
Simple. Some boss fights are not as reworked as the ones in prehardmode. Most are just a stat buff, with the exception of duke fishron. Might add more to this later.

THE DESTROYER:
Probes now explode upon death, and the destroyer itself drops dirt projectiles on the Player when it’s above the player.

THE TWINS:
Spaz summons tiny green versions of himself to dash into the player. (After they dash once they die. They can be killed with weapons tho.
Retz lasers now home slightly, and he now has a tiny red circle surrounding him that does damage if you touch it.
(Only in second phase. Both)
(Might change this one later.)

SKELETRON PRIME.
Now has a bone and a laser crossbow thingy to shoot and whack you with. Fun!

Again might add more later.

I think a lot of these changes are both reasonable and impactful. I absolutely agree that the Destroyer should shred those who are stupid enough to get trapped under it.

As for the Twins, my idea was to make Spazmatism’s charges less predictable: charging a random number of times between flamethrowers. As for Retinazer, I know that the Moon Lord can predict player movement when aiming its Phantasmal Bolts. Retinazer’s slow lasers should do the same. Maybe passing through walls, too.

Skeletron Prime should probably have the same number of arms as in normal mode; we want expert mode to be unique but not too unique. I thought it might be best to try making the Prime Cannon a legitimate threat, by making its bombs bounce on the ground and explode if they get near a player.

Back
Top Bottom