Blocks & Decoration Rock Tumbler! Shiny Stone and Gems!

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here! I have another idea to share with you all! And it is for a Rock Tumbler that will create new blocks, and help you get some gems! Without further ado, let's get to it!

Basis
The basic idea of a Rock Tumbler is to give you special stone to build with, and a way to get gems! Rarely of course. It will have to functions.
1: It will work as a Crafting Station, allowing you to make special stone.
2: It would work similar to an Extractinator, only with stone. Elaboration later.

Obtaining

In order to obtain the Rock Tumbler, you will need:
Resources:
-Trash Can x1
-Wood x10
-Iron x3

At:
-Anvil

Yields:
Rock Tumbler x1
Rock Tumbler.png

Function(s)
There are two primary functions for the Rock Tumbler. I will elaborate on the first listen, then the second, as the second ties into the first.

Function One, Stones
Now, with the Rock Tumbler in your possession, you can make a large assortment of stone to build with! All you need to do is walk up to a placed Rock Tumbler with stone in your inventory, and you are ready to go!

You can use stone in the Rock Tumbler, and you can get smooth stone from it! Other kinds of Stone are hidden inside the normal kind, and tumbling the stone will bring out it's purest form. Many new kinds to boot, too! Most not normally generated in the world!

I will list off all the stone you can make!
New Stone.png

1: Smooth Stone
2: Smooth Basalt
3: Smooth Sandstone
4: Smooth Pearlstone
5: Smooth Ebonstone (Smooth in the sense of no random dots all over)
6: Smooth Limestone
7: Smooth Marble
8: Smooth Peridotite
9: Smooth Shale

Some of these stones will have little extra textures when placed near each other. Such as Limestone having little brown lines on it, and shale having little dark specs from time to time.
As you can see, this stone is much more smooth than the normal stone. And once made, you can use it to make other stones. For example, you can make Smooth Basalt. Then with that, you can make it into Smooth Sandstone instead. And you can revert all these Smooth stones back into normal Stone as well!

Each kind of Smooth stone can be made into a Wall as well.

You can even make Polished stone! To do this, you need a certain type of stone. Then you need to put it back through the Rock Tumbler, and it will be a Polished stone! Which means that from time to time, it sparkles like an ore when there is a light is on it. Polished stone also lacks the little extra textures some stone may add. It shares the same sprite as it's Smooth counterpart. If it is made into another variant of Smooth stone, it will lose it's Polished quality.

That about does it for the first function. Now for the second, which is much shorter!

Function Two, Gems

If you click on the Rock Tumbler with normal stone in a similar fashion to an Extractinator, it will spit out a random Smooth type of stone. And on rare occasions, it will spit out a gem instead of a kind of Smooth stone. And as I said, this function takes a lot less time to explain, because that's all there is to it!

Closing
I hope you guys enjoy this idea. I think it can add to builds, and give more options for flooring/walls/ect. Anyways, thank you all for reading! Dakota, out.

Last edited:
*cough*smoothcrimstone*cough*
On topic, I'm all for new building materials, especially these kinds of smooth blocks. Support

Back
Top Bottom