Xbox 360 Rod of Discord farming

Mage Master

Skeletron Prime
I've recently entered hardmode and I'm trying to get the rod of discord. How can I make a farm that is the best to obtain the rod of discord. I had the rod of discord by chance one time, but it was on one character when I mysteriously lost the save files. I know it is dropped in the underground hallowed by spectral elementals. Any help is welcomed. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I think farming it is pretty hard. Many people create AFK farms to get this item.

Maybe try to make an automatic grinder for mobs and block yourself to prevent them from teleporting to you. The only problem might be Enchanted Swords, but they're rather rare.

I think farming it is pretty hard. Many people create AFK farms to get this item.

Maybe try to make an automatic grinder for mobs and block yourself to prevent them from teleporting to you. The only problem might be Enchanted Swords, but they're rather rare.
I do think afk farming is better and that's what I meant.

I built a three row farm to grind out the Rod of Discord. Center row is a mob grinder pit which is just a volcano shaped hole with lava in the bottom of it to burn everything that falls in it. Below it is where I stand while it works. I also have dart traps on each end to trigger any mimics that might spawn on the row. The other two rows I have actuated fire traps to burn through the mobs and it usually takes care of the enchanted swords as well. Above and below that farm is dug out 40 blocks and filled with lava to prevent outside spawns and the rows run 60 blocks left and 60 blocks right. Chaos elementals I think is a 1 in 500 chance to drop the Rod of Discord but luck plays a huge part in it as well. With that said I have farmed for it many, many hours and still haven't got it. I have managed to get over 5000 souls of light, 7 Chaos elemental banners, 2 enchanted sword banners, a nymph banner, and a crap ton of mimic loot, key molds, and mob drops.

I built a three row farm to grind out the Rod of Discord. Center row is a mob grinder pit which is just a volcano shaped hole with lava in the bottom of it to burn everything that falls in it. Below it is where I stand while it works. I also have dart traps on each end to trigger any mimics that might spawn on the row. The other two rows I have actuated fire traps to burn through the mobs and it usually takes care of the enchanted swords as well. Above and below that farm is dug out 40 blocks and filled with lava to prevent outside spawns and the rows run 60 blocks left and 60 blocks right. Chaos elementals I think is a 1 in 500 chance to drop the Rod of Discord but luck plays a huge part in it as well. With that said I have farmed for it many, many hours and still haven't got it. I have managed to get over 5000 souls of light, 7 Chaos elemental banners, 2 enchanted sword banners, a nymph banner, and a crap ton of mimic loot, key molds, and mob drops.
Yeah, I hear you and sympathize with your frustration. With a similar set up (used temple traps instead of lava) it took me 4 days running afk for 15+ hours a day to get the Rod on Ps4. Ironically though I did get 5 slime staff's. The slim staff is supposed to be 1 in 10,000 drop chance, yet I got 5 of them in the amount of time it took to get 1 Rod. RNG, man........ RNG.

RNG does suck at times. I lucky and got 2. Kept one for myself and gave one to my brother. My save file got deleted and I lost. My brother didn't want to give it back, of course. So I'm in the process of setting up a farm to get the exclusive Rod of discord. Can't wait to get it again. I do dislike the nerf and thought it was over board of how much damage it does when spam clicking.

Back
Top Bottom