PC "Roleplay" Server (20-30 Slots) Looking for interested people *More infos in Thread*

Responses in order:
Okay, cool.

No problem, I usually do that anyways :p

So at present there isn't a server up? How are you currently hosting; do you have a portforwarded server at home or are you having people join you through steam?
Right now the Server isn't open, I'll rent / open it when were enough players :)
I'll contact everyone when it's so far

@BloodyFingers23: I saw a bit of drama in your own thread where you looked for players. I hope you accept the fact that there are people with thousands of game hours and have all the trophies unlucked? (/me for instance)
I think it's a fair thing to ask, since you were being unfair in that thread. I'm not really hoping for drama later on in-game.

@Lurax: And while I'm typing this I am wondering: Some might be from other timezones, like BF23. What's the best way to deal with this? Sure, the server might be available 24/7, but that does mean groups of players will rarely/never see players in other timezones, meaning we can't collectively decide to go to the next phase of the game.
Oooh, all these questions. Sorry, man. :p

There was no unfairness. I made it clear who I was looking for and several people chose to ignore that. I messaged the individuals I turned down in private and they got salty about it. Simple as that. Not going to argue about it further.
Well, I hope you at least understand why I asked. :)

Well, I hope you at least understand why I asked. :)
I do. As someone who's played since beta, I'm aware that it's possible. Some of my old (OLD!) server mates from back then have as much.

Some might be from other timezones, like BF23. What's the best way to deal with this? Sure, the server might be available 24/7, but that does mean groups of players will rarely/never see players in other timezones, meaning we can't collectively decide to go to the next phase of the game. :p
My two cents on this: In the case of a dedicated 24/7 server, ideally you'd have everyone available to play at the same time. Imo I don't see this as realistic. It would be easier to find 20-30 people of varying availabilities, so that nobody would ever be playing alone (for long anyways).

@BloodyFingers23: I saw a bit of drama in your own thread where you looked for players. I hope you accept the fact that there are people with thousands of game hours and have all the trophies unlucked? (/me for instance)
I think it's a fair thing to ask, since you were being unfair in that thread. I'm not really hoping for drama later on in-game.

@Lurax: And while I'm typing this I am wondering: Some might be from other timezones, like BF23. What's the best way to deal with this? Sure, the server might be available 24/7, but that does mean groups of players will rarely/never see players in other timezones, meaning we can't collectively decide to go to the next phase of the game.
Oooh, all these questions. Sorry, man. :p
Yeah your totally right, but at weekends the ppl might have more time.
Sure when were 15 or more ppl it won't be possible that everyone can take part at the bossfights, but I think we'll find a solution.
And if it takes a few weeks until we beat the wall of flesh, it will simply take a few weeks ;)
When someone's missing at the fight, we will help him beat the wall again, so he also gets the stuff.

Yeah your totally right, but at weekends the ppl might have more time.
Sure when were 15 or more ppl it won't be possible that everyone can take part at the bossfights, but I think we'll find a solution.
And if it takes a few weeks until we beat the wall of flesh, it will simply take a few weeks ;)
When someone's missing at the fight, we will help him beat the wall again, so he also gets the stuff.
Maybe create a group here on the forums for it, and have announcements for such important events. How ever you want to set things up.

Maybe create a group here on the forums for it, and have announcements for such important events. How ever you want to set things up.
Great idea ;) Tomorrow I'll create a group, so everyone right now who wants to join the server can enter / will get invited and later ill announce events and stuff

Or create an ingame server message. So whenever someone joins he'll read something like: Sketron showdown at 5/11/16, 8:00 CET. :)

Or create an ingame server message. So whenever someone joins he'll read something like: Sketron showdown at 5/11/16, 8:00 CET. :)
The best thing i making both ;) in the forum group we can talk about the date and time and ingame we'll tell everyone the final date

Well, it seems my friend isn't joining so it's just me. I've asked some other people too, but I doubt they'll bite. A pity.

I'm trying advertising on my profile, but I never post there anyway, so I doubt the effectiveness. :D
Maybe others can try as well though?

Any more people out there that want to play?
I wonder, is there anything holding people back? The possible server cost? Or the roleplaying part? Please say so.

*is itching to get started*

Well, it doesn't seem this'll ever get off the ground unfortunately. :indifferent:

@Lurax: I feel it's polite to let you know I'm withdrawing from this; thanks for trying to set this up!

Back
Top Bottom