Items Roulette Ammo

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
Terraria has a ton of different individual kinds of ammunition, and a whopping total of 4 ammunition slots. Ultimately you gotta do a lot of mid fight inventory management if you wanna use all kinds of ammo effectively. So how's about we just jam 10 bullets into one kind of bullet. I'll say it again. 10 bullets in o-*get's shot*

So yes, here it is, the Roulette Bullet
Roullete Bullete.png

-damage: null
-velocity: null
-max stack: 999
-sell price: 2 copper
-crafted with: 1 of each bullet excluding musket balls & Luminite bullets. (makes 10)
-ones made with ichor will make red roulette bullets, ones with cursed will make black roulette bullets.

"hey Scarecrow, what's with all these null stats? EXPLAIN YA MOOK!"
Well essentially what this bullet is, is what it's name describes. a bullet roulette. It chooses a random bullet from the ones you chose to craft when fired. One shot will be a silver bullet, the next might be the same or any of the other 9 bullets in it's recipe. It's a double edged sword. You get 10 bullet types in 1 stack, but you don't get to choose which bullet you fire.
Ultimately it makes ranged DPS erratic and inconsistent, but turns you into a wildcard ranger that can do all sorts of things with minimal inventory management.

The same thing shall be for arrows to craft Roulette Arrows, but it will be with 11 arrows (excluding Luminite) and crafting will make a stack of 11.

side note: I decided to exclude Luminite bullets since they are technically post game, and are very tedious to farm. If enough people wish for Luminite bullets to be added, I will add them to the recipe.

so what do you guys think?

Sounds op, one second you have ichor bullets, next you have exploding? Maybe if every 10th bullet was a random bullet, and the rest are muskets, or something along those lines

Sounds op, one second you have ichor bullets, next you have exploding? Maybe if every 10th bullet was a random bullet, and the rest are muskets, or something along those lines
You could also have a stack of 10 ichor bullets then a stack of 100 explosive ones. It would change nothing.

This sounds very, very, very fun.
I'd make it slightly more simple to obtain though. Maybe bought from the Arms Dealer for 40 copper a bullet, once Plantera is dead?

and attacking with a golden shower followed by a gun with exploding bullets equipped isn't op? this really doesn't let you accomplish much more than you already can. It's mostly for saving inventory space while also making an experience as a ranger more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom