Sandstorm in a Bottle in underground desert chests

olegoleg123

Terrarian
bro-nothing.png

So, ever since the update dropped with the new underground desert expansion, I've been meaning to see if I could actually get a Sandstorm in a Bottle reliably now from underground desert chest rather than the elusive pyramid chest (the one in my world had useless pharaoh armor). While it would make sense that the underground desert chests would be able to contain the Sandstorm in a Bottle, especially given that the other Desert counterparts of golden chest items, like the Dunerider Boots, are there, and the Underground Desert deserves to be a level a bit above the regular Underground and the Ice given how dangerous it is, I have thoroughly explored around 90% of the desert now, and not a single chest contained a Sandstorm in a Bottle.

So is it really still impossible to find it in the undeground desert chests now, or am I just that unlucky? And if it's the former, what's the logical reason for it given that the other counterparts of the underground items are there?

I think it's a pyramid exclusive still. It's where I got mine, and I haven't found one anywhere else. I think that it should be made a little easier to get consider it's used to make the bundled balloons. Maybe from desert crates. That would be a good compromise, I think. Otherwise it's not quite fair in multiplayer, even if one does exist in the world.

Honestly, I don't see any logical reason to leave it as a pyramid-exclusive, especially since it would make sense as a risk-reward thing as going into the depths of the underground desert is FAR more challenging than just breaking into a pyramid on the surface.

If they intend on leaving it like that though, why not at least make it so that Pharaoh Armor appears alongside loot that is actually good instead of replacing it? Either that, or make the Pharaoh Armor actually useful as an early-game summoner set or something like that

Pyramids are also quite rare to get in a world, so you pretty much have to make lots of them just to have a shot at a desert in a bottle(took me about 9 large worlds to finallly find one in 1.4)

I was hoping the Sandstorm in a Bottle would be obtainable from the new Oasis Crates, since the new Frozen Crates can contain the Blizzard in a Bottle. Cloud in a Bottle is common enough so it's not a problem that you can't fish it, but the Sandstorm... oof. With my current character it took me 19 medium/large worlds to generate a pyramid that contained a Sandstorm in a Bottle, I even used tEdit to check the map so I can confirm that I didn't miss any pyramids (I generated 10+ worlds before becoming desperate enough to use tEdit, so assuming I didn't miss some hidden pyramids there it took even more than 19).

If it's because the Sandstorm is too powerful as a jump item, it would be better to have it tuned down a bit and added to the Oasis Crates rather than be a pyramid-exclusive item. Terraria is based on being able to visit multiple worlds with one character, but getting less than 1 chance per map on average to get an item is too little.

I was hoping the Sandstorm in a Bottle would be obtainable from the new Oasis Crates, since the new Frozen Crates can contain the Blizzard in a Bottle. Cloud in a Bottle is common enough so it's not a problem that you can't fish it, but the Sandstorm... oof. With my current character it took me 19 medium/large worlds to generate a pyramid that contained a Sandstorm in a Bottle, I even used tEdit to check the map so I can confirm that I didn't miss any pyramids (I generated 10+ worlds before becoming desperate enough to use tEdit, so assuming I didn't miss some hidden pyramids there it took even more than 19).

If it's because the Sandstorm is too powerful as a jump item, it would be better to have it tuned down a bit and added to the Oasis Crates rather than be a pyramid-exclusive item. Terraria is based on being able to visit multiple worlds with one character, but getting less than 1 chance per map on average to get an item is too little.
I honestly don't even think it's too powerful considering just how much more dangerous the underground desert is compared to the regular underground and the snow biomes. And with the new changes and environmental hazards, I would probably put it at the same level of danger as the Jungle. Going down there is incredibly risky and I feel like it should be rewarded.

The pyramids, meanwhile? They don't present any risk to the player going in, only relying on luck of whether you get it or not. Speaking of which, I honestly expected the pyramid itself to contain some traps, like pyramids in media are often portrayed to have, but no.

Back
Top Bottom