Weapons & Equip Sandstorm Sceptre, a new biome chest!

Do you support or not?

• Total voters

osgur889

The Destroyer
Hello today I would like to make a suggestion for a new biome key/weapon, THE SANDSTORM SCEPTRE!

The Sandstorm Sceptre is Obtained through the desert biome chest, just like the Rainbow Gun etc. It is a yellowish staff with a shining ruby in the centre of it. The Sandstorm Sceptre is a summoning weapon that spawns a baby Antlion Swarmer doing a fair amount of damage by spitting mini sand bolts, these sand bolts are not affected by gravity, upon hitting an enemy the are destroyed and the takes the listed damage below but it they hit a solid block they will then be affected by gravity and split into 2-4 mini sand bolts which bounce around about 3 times before being destroyed, these do approx a third of the regular sand bolts. This minion could be really handy when used in swarms.

Stats:
Damage: 68 (Summon)
Crit Strike Chance: 13%
Mana Usage: 26
Knockback: Average Knockback
Speed: Average

Due to a couple of requests I have decided to make a second weapon .......... THE ANTLION JAVELINE!!!!

Stats;
Damage: 71 Thrower
Crit Strike Chance: %12
Knockback: Very weak knockback
Special: The antlions mandibles latch onto enemies biting and dealing extra damage over time ( 3 a second)

Now some of you think that that this is a bad idea (The thrower) but I have come up with a new set for the Hardmode Desert!!!

The Lamia scale armor! This will add lamia scales a drop from the lamia enemy in the hardmode underground desert. Kind of like how spiders drop their fangs.

Lamia Scale Helmet:
Defence: 9
10% Increased throwing speed

Lamia Scale Chestplate
Defence: 14
9% Increased throwing damage

Lamia Scale Leggings
Defence: 9
11% Increased movement speed

Set Bonus: You can throw three weapons at once!

Recipe:

5 Souls of Sight, 15 Lamia Scales

5 Souls of Might, 25 Lamia Scales

5 Souls of Fright, 20 Lamia Scales

So I hope you guys support this because I just thought the desert was a bit boring and most of the 1.3 content related only to Pre-Hardmode (Fossils, Pyramid, Antlions etc.)
So this could be a new biome weapon! :D

Also I would love it if a spriter could maybe make me a sprite of this (thank you so much if someone does, and remember I will always give credit.)

Desert Chest.png
<---- A desert chest by my brother @MacieD8810
Imported piskel.png
<-- Sandstorm Sceptre by @SpiritInfinity (He's a great spriter and he's new at it too.)

Last edited:
How's this sprite? I'm pretty new to spriting but I saw this and decided to make a sprite for it
I only used five different colours, sorry if it isn't too varied
TVAP2Op.png

How's this sprite? I'm pretty new to spriting but I saw this and decided to make a sprite for it
I only used five different colours, sorry if it isn't too varied
TVAP2Op.png
Don't worry it looks amazing but maybe just a little ruby in the centre (don't worry I can handle that)

There needs to be an upgrade to it. We all know what it is, so let's say it together: The Darude - Sandstorm Scepter. I'll throw myself out now, thank you very much.

There needs to be an upgrade to it. We all know what it is, so let's say it together: The Darude - Sandstorm Scepter. I'll throw myself out now, thank you very much.
Upgrade it slightly in damage but nerfed critical strike chance.

This seems like it's a bit... bland for a dungeon chest weapon.
I mean, each thing has it's own special, unique thing.
Rainbow gun: Constant beam of death, stays even without the weapon equipped.
Vampire Knives: Lifesteal.
Scourge of the Corruptor: One projectile thrown that splits into many smaller projectiles and chaos ensues.
Piranha gun: Latches onto enemies as long as the fire button is held.
Frost Hydra Staff: I guess it's not the most original, even though I'm pretty sure it came before the Queen Spider staff.

Give it some unique twist, and I'll support.

This seems like it's a bit... bland for a dungeon chest weapon.
I mean, each thing has it's own special, unique thing.
Rainbow gun: Constant beam of death, stays even without the weapon equipped.
Vampire Knives: Lifesteal.
Scourge of the Corruptor: One projectile thrown that splits into many smaller projectiles and chaos ensues.
Piranha gun: Latches onto enemies as long as the fire button is held.
Frost Hydra Staff: I guess it's not the most original, even though I'm pretty sure it came before the Queen Spider staff.

Give it some unique twist, and I'll support.
Just updated :) now they shoot sand bolts!

Hello today I would like to make a suggestion for a new biome key/weapon, THE SANDSTORM SCEPTRE!

The Sandstorm Sceptre is Obtained through the desert biome chest, just like the Rainbow Gun etc. It is a yellowish staff with a shining ruby in the centre of it. The Sandstorm Sceptre is a summoning weapon that spawns a baby Antlion Swarmer doing a fair amount of damage by spitting mini sand bolts, these sand bolts are not affected by gravity, upon hitting an enemy the are destroyed and the takes the listed damage below but it they hit a solid block they will then be affected by gravity and split into 2-4 mini sand bolts which bounce around about 3 times before being destroyed, these do approx a third of the regular sand bolts. This minion could be really handy when used in swarms.

Stats:
Damage: 68
Crit Strike Chance: 13%
Mana Usage: 26
Knockback: Average Knockback
Speed: Average

So I hope you guys support this because I just thought the desert was a bit boring and most of the 1.3 content related only to Pre-Hardmode (Fossils, Pyramid, Antlions etc.)
So this could be a new biome weapon! :D

Also I would love it if a spriter could maybe make me a sprite of this (thank you so much if someone does, and remember I will always give credit.)

View attachment 67359 <---- A desert chest by my brother @MacieD8810
View attachment 67306 <-- Sandstorm Sceptre by @SpiritInfinity (He's a great spriter and he's new at it too.)
For a newbie, that's great, but it's a bit saturated and I would suggest making the ruby slightly bigger. I'm no spriter, but..
Nice weapon, but there's a balance of classes for the biome chests as it stands, because the Corruption/Crimson is Melee, Jungle is Ranged, Ice is Summoner,
Like I have said in many desert chest posts, the desert chest item should be throwing.

For a newbie, that's great, but it's a bit saturated and I would suggest making the ruby slightly bigger. I'm no spriter, but..
Nice weapon, but there's a balance of classes for the biome chests as it stands, because the Corruption/Crimson is Melee, Jungle is Ranged, Ice is Summoner,
Like I have said in many desert chest posts, the desert chest item should be throwing.
Yes that's true but the Throwing class isn't large enough for a biome chest yet as it only has 2 sets (that I know of) I'll make a throwing weapon too so that some people can vote on it :)

Back
Top Bottom