Sandstorms Instead of Rain in Desert Biomes!

What do you think? It will be good or just messy?

• Yes! This is awesome!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Ummm, may be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There's no reason for sandstorms, we're fine with rain.

• This is a terrible mess!

• This is actually a double-thread.(Link the older one)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
Deserts are dry places, normally. But, in Terraria, there's raining in deserts, and i think it doesn't make any sense. So, I thougth there can be sandstorms in deserts while raining in other biomes.(Similar to Blizzards) OK, what will be happen while a sandstorm happening?
  • There's sand particles in mid-air, they're horizontaly moving to create a stormy look.
  • Light vision cut in half.
  • All desert enemies gain +%50 movement speed.
  • Sand blocks spawns somewhere on-screen with a speed of 5 blocks per minute.(Also despawns with the same speed)
  • Mummy Vultures will spawn in hardmode, they have 1000 health, 100 damage and 35 defense. They act like Antlion Swarmers and can drop Antlion Mandibles. Also they have a %25 chance of dropping a Cloudy Sand, with 5 of them and 20 Souls of Flight you can make Sand Wings. It is equal to Frozen Wings.(Needs sprites for mob and item!)
  • On surface there's no Antlions and on underground they have greatly increased spawn chance.
This is my idea for making deserts more realistic. If you have any ideas to improve it please help me improving it! Thank you to all your ideas!

You can report this thread, and say that you put it in the right place, and that this is no longer needed. The mods can lock this thread, if you do that.

I like the idea, but I don't think they can do it with Terraria's game engine.
If you're referring to how the sand blocks appear out of no where, Antlions can spit sand, and the engine can handle that. The corruption/hallow stripes change blocks very quickly, and the engine can handle that.

If you're referring to how the sand blocks appear out of no where, Antlions can spit sand, and the engine can handle that. The corruption/hallow stripes change blocks very quickly, and the engine can handle that.
Yea, I don't know for sure, but rain is foreground and not a block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom