Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I need this. NOW.
Fun fact: on my mobile world, the corruption spawn right next to the jungle and ocean.
Ha. Ha. Ha.

I will just drop these here.

corrupt hornet.png
Soul Stinger
illuminant hornet.png
Illuminant Hornet
crimson hornet.png
Crimson Wasp

Just some unoriginal edits for biome specific hornets variants.

Nah. I like the way it is. You have to manage it like you manage villager housing. If its corrupted they become homeless. Just isolate things that are important to preserve.

Besides, Hornets suck.

The jungle is a beautiful biome that holds plenty of valuable materials.
It is very annoying when you activate hardmode, and you run over to the jungle in excitement to obtain materials you require and various hardmode jungle items, only to find that half of it has been instantly destroyed by another biome that is sweeping through and invading more and more land. Even if you are successful in removing a plentiful amount, and you feel that it's all gone, that little bit you forgot to clear off ends up causing the same peril you attempted to escape.

mud should be immune.

I like that the corruption/crimson could spread to the jungle because it adds more of a challenge in hardmode

I kinda always took the whole thing with protecting it pretty lightly, that is until my game decided to make the natural spawning corruption/crimson biome line spawn right inside it. So yeah, not really fond of the whole deal with corruption and crimson being able to do that when the jungle's ore is needed for pretty much all the end game gear.

I just had the reverse happen. The hallow line shot right thru my jungle. But now for some odd reason, I can't find any plantera bulbs... and this is after the chat line "the jungle grows restless" :/

Maybe, I'm just derping, but I've found a tiny ity bitty bit of chlorophite and a few heart fruit, so I dunno, maybe I'm just goin blind.

I just had the reverse happen. The hallow line shot right thru my jungle. But now for some odd reason, I can't find any plantera bulbs... and this is after the chat line "the jungle grows restless" :/

Maybe, I'm just derping, but I've found a tiny ity bitty bit of chlorophite and a few heart fruit, so I dunno, maybe I'm just goin blind.
Pretty sure hallow dosn't spread inside it, so it's fine. Just look a bit more, the bulbs can be a pain in the :red: to find, and the hearts kinda mix together with the vegetation, just keep swinging a sword or spamming something at then to break then.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Figured the hallow posed no threat to the jungle. I saw on the wiki page that rarely plantera bulbs fail to spawn. :/ hope that's not what happened. Welp, off to check again.

maybe the best solution ( no pun intended ) is a new solution which converts whatever biome to jungle biome so if it gets too corrupt or crimsoned u can just change it back

maybe the best solution ( no pun intended ) is a new solution which converts whatever biome to jungle biome so if it gets too corrupt or crimsoned u can just change it back
Terraria Avalon actually has a solution for exactly this purpose. You can even make a frozen jungle with it.

Either way though, following just the nature of the game and the kind of content the Jungle has now, it really should not be corruptible. In 1.1 it wasn't a big deal because there wasn't much in it once you entered hardmode, but now the Jungle is an integral step in progression, so it really should not be effected. The nature of the game is such that, following its general design, we shouldn't have to constantly spam holy water over corruption just to protect the jungle- it's clearly a powerful force, it should be able to protect itself, and having to do so ourselves is both annoying and unnecessary. I mean, it's not like the dungeon can be corrupted, or Hallow (okay technically it can be but they cancel each other out), and both are integral steps in progression, not to mention the former is the kind of "opposition" to the jungle, in a way.

Terraria Avalon actually has a solution for exactly this purpose. You can even make a frozen jungle with it.

Either way though, following just the nature of the game and the kind of content the Jungle has now, it really should not be corruptible. In 1.1 it wasn't a big deal because there wasn't much in it once you entered hardmode, but now the Jungle is an integral step in progression, so it really should not be effected. The nature of the game is such that, following its general design, we shouldn't have to constantly spam holy water over corruption just to protect the jungle- it's clearly a powerful force, it should be able to protect itself, and having to do so ourselves is both annoying and unnecessary. I mean, it's not like the dungeon can be corrupted, or Hallow (okay technically it can be but they cancel each other out), and both are integral steps in progression, not to mention the former is the kind of "opposition" to the jungle, in a way.
And there's always the fact that unlike the snow biome and desert, you can't go crazy with green solution to fix the jungle...

And there's always the fact that unlike the snow biome and desert, you can't go crazy with green solution to fix the jungle...
Precisely. With everything else we can just solution it and bam, fixed.

Also I have to question the fact that mushroom biomes DON'T get infected. If Jungle can be infected, they should be too. After all, they're not even a required step in progression unless you're aiming for Shroomite.

I still think this is an idea of great importance. As of now I believe the best solution is to remove the aspect of converting mud to dirt and making the Jungle uncorruptable...

Back
Top Bottom