• A little more armor penetration, crit chance, and damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them ( post your own ideas)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mebybemn

Terrarian
Currently the underground desert offers nothing in hardmode except for a couple of vanity hats. I would like to change that with a series of suggestions, the first being scorpion armor. Here are the details:

Poacher Husk
Armor_Bracing.png

'Extremely light and tough'
Materiel
Dropped by Sand Poachers (1-2, 33% chance)

Scorpion Helm
Spider_Mask.png

11 defense
+4% crit chance and damage
Increased armor penetration by 2
Crafting:
6 Poacher Husks

Scorpion Carapace
Scorpion_Carapace.png

17 defense
+10% crit chance
Crafting:
10 Poacher Husks

Scorpion Legplate
Spider_Greaves.png

14 defense
+5% damage
Crafting:
8 Poacher Husks

Full Set:
42 defense
+14% crit chance
+9% damage
Increased armor penetration by 6
Crafting:
24 (6/10/8) Poacher Husks
Set Bonus:
Critical hits deal 25% more damage and inflict venom

Edit: I narrowed down the set bonuses to just 3 and buffed the defense from 34 to 42
Edit: Added in a possible scorpion transformation set bonus.
Edit: Finalized the set bonus.
Final Edit: Added Sprites and raised the crit chance

Any and all suggestions/criticisms are welcome

Attachments

• Sand_Poacher2.png
    Sand_Poacher2.png
    651 bytes · Views: 146
Last edited:
I like the crits Idea but it should have slightly more defense as a set bonus. It is hardmode.
Though I see where your coming from, I feel like it would be a waste to have its set bonus be just defense. If the set needs more defense, I'll give more defense to each piece - nothing here is set in stone.

Edit: as I compared the armor to other hardmode armor sets, it seemed to be fine on offense but was very much lacking in defense, so I boosted the defense from 34 (2 points above the melee palladium) to 42 (the same as the ranged orichalcum)

Last edited:
Seems pretty cool! I'd say the set bonus should be a completely different one, though. Double tap down to turn into a scorpion! Movement speed is slightly increased, you take up two tiles vertical and 3 wide (reversed from normal) and when attacking, rather than using whatever weapon you have, you instead swing your tail forward (like the Drill Containment Unit where you use the drill instead of your item) which takes the base damage of whatever weapon you have equipped and turns all damage into melee (so you still need a weapon) and adds a 33% chance to inflict Venom.

Seems pretty cool! I'd say the set bonus should be a completely different one, though. Double tap down to turn into a scorpion! Movement speed is slightly increased, you take up two tiles vertical and 3 wide (reversed from normal) and when attacking, rather than using whatever weapon you have, you instead swing your tail forward (like the Drill Containment Unit where you use the drill instead of your item) which takes the base damage of whatever weapon you have equipped and turns all damage into melee (so you still need a weapon) and adds a 33% chance to inflict Venom.
That could be really cool! Ill flush it out and add it in as a possible set bonus :p

Back
Top Bottom