Scourge of the Corrupter needs a buff

Do you think the SC needs a buff?

• Total voters

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
Let's be honest, The Scourge of the Corrupter has it's strengths (small areas, magic mobs, etc) but when you get right down to it,
The Vampire Knifes are a better option. but in the long run the VK is an all around great side/main weapon.
but the SC on the other hand, is practically useless when you get it after Plantera. For an example, have you ever gotten the Death Sickle Pre-Plantera?
Well if you have then you know for a fact its about five times better than the SC.

From what I've seen it's a thoroughly excellent close-quarters weapon. Maybe a small damage or range buff, but I don't think it's in too dire of a need.

The weapon itself works very well against teleporting nuisances (not just mages; think nebula enemies). I do agree its firepower is lacking, so as a compromise, I would make the initial shot (the javelin itself) to deal way more than it currently does, in order to encourage accuracy over just spamming it randomly. The tiny corruptors deployed on hit should remain as they are, though.

Back
Top Bottom