Game Mechanics Search Bar in Inventory: No more lost items!

Hello, everyone! My name is Randalf The Wise!
Does anyone else lose items in their inventory only to find them later? (losing your cursor is bad enough) For me, that's an issue that needs to be remedied. (there's a fix for lost cursors in the config.json file, simply set ThickMouseEdges to 'true') My solution is to add a search bar underneath the main inventory.

The way this would work is simple. The player types their search query into the bar and then the items matching the search criteria would be highlighted in the same way that new items are, except in a different color (not sure what color yet).

To summarize: It's a search bar that helps you find stuff.

It's 50 big slots. Not hard to lose stuff. Just get a little organized and you won't lose anything

I've had the same idea. We need this.
I think it should work as in the Minecraft mod NEI (as it's well tested and works very well)
You doubleclick the search bar with the cursor to activate it. When you write it highlights all matches. BUT, as long as you don't press outside the search bar it will still be active, which helps to quickly search through lots of chests.

Better yet, why not just add Minecraft's NEI mod to Terraria wholesale? (With the modmaker's permission, of course!)

Yes, but what I meant was to add NEI (or Cheat Sheet, I'll have to research it) into vanilla Terraria. I'm sure that the modmakers wouldn't mind a whit.

Back
Top Bottom