PC Secondary Hotbar mod?

Spellbound

Terrarian
One thing I've always wanted in Terraria was the ability to hotkey certain items for single time use, similarly to what they did with the grappling hook by giving it a dedicated equipment slot with its dedicated key. The idea is the same, but instead of having a slot specifically for, say, a Rod of Discord, I'd like a number of slots for whatever you may want to put in there and pressing that's slot's assigned hotkey will make a single use of the item. Want to chuck a Magnet Sphere? Press the hotkey and ur character will toss one out without having had to move to a different item slot, click, and then move back. Or, maybe, you want to hold the hotkey so your character continues to spray the enemy with Golden Shower until you've applied as many debuffs to as many enemies as you want to. Release the key, and you're back to using whatever items you had selected from your primary hotbar. Quality of life, if you will. Remember the grappling hook before patch 1.0.6? No one wants to.

Is there a mod like this out there? If not... how do I go about making it? I've some experience with programming, but beyond that, I have no idea where to even start. Any guidance is appreciated.

Oh, this is really nice! I've played around with it and ended up using it in conjunction with Vex's Hotkeys to get the hold-to-continue-using feature. Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be for there to be a separate hotbar with their hotkeys displayed on them, just like the regular hotbar? Potentially more inventory space, also you can view what items you have hotkeyed at all times. Also opens the possibility of a 'potion belt' mod, which is a separate inventory just for potions and consumables.

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, there are other mods that come to mind that also do similar things you might be interested. There is one called SecondHotbar that lets you swap 2 rows, acting like a 2nd hotbar.

There might be others, I don't track all the mods too much. The people who would know are all in the discord chat, not here in the forums.

If you are asking if helpful hotkeys can be augmented to show the 2nd hotbar itself as you asked about, that is not in the scope of the mod, so that won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom